This weekend a number of our members will be participating in the Katherine Ultra Challenge (individual and in teams) and we wish you all good luck & safe travelling.
There is a team still looking for a replacement kayaker so if you are up for a paddle, do get in touch.
1. Commonwealth Games, Glasgow 2014 Women's triathlon: 1. J. Stimpson (England) 2. K. Sweetland (Canada) 3. V. Holland (England)
2. Commonwealth Games, Glasgow 2014 Men's triathlon: 1. A Brownlee (GBR) 2. J Brownlee (GBR) 3. R Murray (RSA)
3. Commonwealth Games, Glasgow 2014 Mixed Team Relay: 1. England 2 South Africa 3 Australia
4. Ironman Canada
Male: Marino Vanhoenacker 8:16:10 Female: Bree Wee 9:46:58
5. Ironman Zurich
Male: Boris Stein 8:33:02 Female: Daniela Ryf 9:13:30
6. Ironman Lake Placid
Male: Kyle Buckingham 8:51:25 Female: Amber Ferreira 9:31:28
1. Triathlon NT’s Darwin Long Course Triathlon 16 August 2014.
2. Two distances now available 2/80/20 and 1/40/7
3. Entry closes soon for individual and teams.
Sunday 7 September 2014
Near Casuarina Surf Club
5km run, 20km bike, 2.5km run
Race Director: John Thyne
Registration: Brendan Sullivan | Dan Holmes
Fruit | Ice: Volunteer required
1. There is much happening behind the scenes. We begin again the process of sanctioning the events on the upcoming calendar and Tony Cox will be undertaking that role for the next event.
3. Our Annual General Meeting will take place prior to our event on Sunday 7 September 2014.
4. We have a number of committee positions to fill at the AGM and are seeking expressions of interest from our members.
Those stepping aside include our president and vice president. Steve Goat and John Arrigo have overseen a number of changes in the way we run our events and have between them shouldered a huge amount of the workload required to get our events happening.
Simon Wiese is another going on long service leave from the committee. Simon has been our Public Officer and a quiet voice in the area of governance.
We previously announced that our long serving treasurer Karen Lewis would be retiring from the committee. Luckily we have had interest in this position and are hopeful of a smooth handover.
The junior coordinator Luke Hansen would like to find someone to take over the juniors. If this sounds like a gig you could handle please get in touch. Juniors traditionally kick off in October.
Those mentioned will continue in their positions until the AGM but it would be great if we had understudies in place before then.
5. We would like to hear from you if you are willing to give back to the club in any way or have skills that could assist the club going forward. Send us an email or speak to a committee member.
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC
1. WANTED WETSUIT TO BORROW: I am swimming in the Katherine Ultra challenge and can't squeeze into my wetsuit anymore! If you have a size 12-14 women's suit that I could borrow I'll repay you with a bottle of wine/cake/energy gels! Contact Nell 0427 479 550
2. FOR SALE: Wetsuit size 10 Foor HQ1 wetsuit in great condition. Contact Nell 0427 479 550
1. Items for next E News by 8pm Tuesday please.
1. The annual Super Tuesday bike count is coming around again – Tuesday 2 September 6.30 – 8.30 am – and volunteer counters are required.
There are count sites across Darwin and Palmerston and volunteers can select a worthy community organisation to receive a $50 donation! We encourage our members to take part and to nominate Darwin Triathlon Club!
Further information and registration here.
2. Tony Burns successfully completed his 100km run with John Maclean encouraging him along the way and completing the final kilometre alongside Tony. All funds raised will go to local projects. Great effort Tony.
3. Good luck to Grant Preddy who is competing at Ironman 70.3 Philippines at the weekend.
4. Hear Kathy McKay has been spotted around town. Welcome back, enjoy your visit.
5. Also back in town for a while, Michael Varga.
6. John Thyne & Jon Clark survived the Outback Marathon at Uluru. Sounds like one for the bucket list.
Darwin Triathlon Club