E News is back! Thanks for your kind words, appears you all enjoy your weekly dose of eclectic tri news to your Inbox. It’s that time of year again and we will shortly be culling the distribution lists. If you drop off for some reason, do let us know.
Our AGM took place prior to the duathlon on Sunday. Although we still have a vacancy for President, the committee is nonetheless looking very healthy and will have its first meeting next week.
Treasurer: Lisa Payne
Secretary: Robyn Stanley
Permits: Tony Cox
Equipment Manager: Alex Murdock
Junior Coordinator: Steve Goat
General Committee: Graeme Parsons; David Hancock; Belinda Townend; Gary Wall; Justin Tranter
Public Officer: Brett Verity
Member Protection Officer: Tony Cox
We take this opportunity to thank retiring committee members: Karen Lewis who stood down after three years as treasurer; Simon Wiese who has been our Public Officer and has recently reviewed our Constitution; John Arrigo who had a season in the Vice President’s chair, was our delegate at Triathlon NT meetings and also undertook the roll of Equipment Officer and Luke Hansen who spent the year as junior co-ordinator. As well, Steve Goat stepped down as President and will now undertake overseeing our junior events.
Following the AGM the first of our 2014 | 2015 Duathlon Series events took place. A huge thank you to John Thyne for volunteering for the Race Director role so this could go ahead. And a big thank you to all those who assisted John. The runs may well have been a little longer than advertised but everyone was up for the challenge!
The Blue Cycles NT team was also on hand to assist at the duathlon and we thank them for continuing to support our events.
1. Duathlon #1, 5km run, 20km bike, 2.5km run
Male: Brett Verity Female: Asha Mahasuria
Results not yet available.
2. Ironman 70.3 World Championships, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Javier Gomez 3:41:30 Female: Daniela Ryf 4:09:19
3. ITU World Triathlon Grand Final, Edmonton, Canada – 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: Alistair Brownlee 1:48:44 Gwen Jorgensen 2:00:05
We see the return of our extremely popular 300/13/3 format at Lake Alexander ~ you can tri and still be at the markets or coffee by mid-morning!!
Sunday 12 October 2014
300m swim, 13km bike, 3km run
Online entry now open here.
Race Director: Jason Cook | Emma Cook
Registration: Matt King | Clare Labowitch
Fruit | Ice: John Thyne
1. We still have a number of roster vacancies for upcoming events.
2. Please check the calendar here.
3. Email if you or someone you know, can help out.
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC
1. FOR SALE: Lemond bike trainer; Purchased new February for $780.00 with the cassette. Asking $600.00 Contact Jane 0497 804 542
2. FOR SALE: Cannondale Slice 5 TT Bike size medium in great condition. Shimano 105 running gear, Fizik Airone Tri 2 Saddle, Vision handle bars, Mavic wheels –$1,300 ono Contact Steve 0407 865 011
3. FOR SALE: Fzizk Arione VS X Saddle with braded carbon rails – Brand new in box. RRP $220. Sell for $100 Contact Steve 0407 865 011
4. FOR SALE: Prologo Nago Evo Tri 40 Saddle – Brand New – RRP $160. Sell for $50 Contact Steve 0407 865 011
5. FOR SALE: Selle SMP Stratos Saddle – Used but in good condition – Over $200 new – Sell for $60 Contact Steve 0407 865 011
6. FOR SALE: SRAM Red BB30 Crank Set – Used but in great condition – Excellent upgrade – Over $400 new. Sell for $150 Contact Steve 0407 865 011
7. FOR SALE: Xlab Carbon Rear Wing 400i bottle carrier - $50 Contact Steve 0407 865 011
8. FOR SALE: Xlab Delta Wing 225 - $40 Contact Steve 0407 865 011
9. FOR SALE: Profile Design T2+ alloy clip on tri bars – Used but in great condition - $80 Contact Steve 0407 865 011
10. FOR SALE: Profile Design T-Mag AZ-80 magnesium clip on tri bars – Ultra lite weight – Used but in great condition - $120 Contact Steve 0407 865 011
11. FOR SALE: JetBlack Fluid trainer – Perfect for the up and coming wet season – Used but in excellent condition - $80 Contact Steve 0407 865 011
12. Items for next E News by 8pm Monday please.
1. Interested in how you would have gone in your age category at the ITU Worlds in Edmonton? The results for Sprint & Standard distances are available here.
2. A number of farewells happening lately including: Katie Kelly who has taken up a new position in Newcastle; Marcus Lisle heads off shortly for Adelaide and Jemima Findley is also leaving us.
3. Marcus Lisle has bookended his time with the club with pair of duathlons. His first club event was at Hidden Valley (2008) and his last, the duathlon at Casuarina Beach on Sunday. Marcus has been our fastest Ironman through recent years, consistently going under 10 hrs and his quiet dedication will be missed.
4. Spare a thought for Shaye Hatty whose Saturday was spent conquering the Spartan Beast – a pretty gruelling 42km run with about 70 obstacles thrown!. Shaye knocked it over in 9:11:55 for 10th in the Elite female category.
5. Also at the weekend, Belinda Townend teamed up for the 64km Kuranda to Port Douglas Ultra race. Her team included former member Kathy McKay and the girls made podium in their category in 3rd.
6. A number of those heading for Ironman Malaysia in a couple weeks have succumbed to flu. We wish them a speedy recovery and a swift return to training.
7. We were saddened to learn of the recent passing of Janet Lewins. Our sympathy to Brian Lewins , family and the many friends of Janet.
8. Blue Cycles NT have announced a new store will be opening in Palmerston shortly.
9. NT Government Sports vouchers can be used for junior club memberships. For more information, email Triathlon NT or call 0406 609 463.
10. Thanks to those members who recently counted cyclists in the Super Tuesday Bike Count and nominated Darwin Triathlon Club to benefit.
11. DTC will be well represented at Ironman 70.3 Sunshine Coast this weekend with Rosie Sullivan, Louise Ogden, Cath Hood, Mark Anzin, Tim Green, Peta Jeggo, Adam Hartley, Phil Blumberg, Hannah Johnston, Craig Garland and Pieter Jordaan among those taking part. Anyone else? Good luck, have fun!!
Darwin Triathlon Club