We take this opportunity to welcome our new members and to say it’s great to see many of you signed up for our triathlon at Lake Alexander on the 12th.
300/13/3 is the perfect distance for a Sunday morning, you can tri and then fit in a coffee or a trip to the markets afterwards as well! We look forward to having you join us.
You will have noticed that someone flicked the weather switch and the Build-Up has kicked in ~ there goes the Dry.
Regardless of the weather it is great to hear so many of you are now training for various events in Darwin, around the country and even overseas. We are lucky to have some fantastic destination triathlons right on our doorstep.
1. Mitchell Street Mile
Male: Craig Mottram 4:03.6 Female: Bridey Delaney 4:47.2
2. Duathlon results – our apologies for the delay, we will get these up asap.
3. NT Open Water Swim C’ships, Lake Bennett, 5km
Male: Tim Few 1:10:41 Female: 1:19:10
Brett Verity 2nd 1:11:34
Andrew Ragless 3rd 1:18:15
Sunday 12 October 2014
300m swim, 13km bike, 3km run
Online entry now open here.
Race Director: Jason Cook | Emma Cook
Registration: Matt King | Clare Labowitch
Fruit | Ice: John Thyne
1. The crew from Blue Cycles will again be at our event to help out.
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC:
1. Items for next E News by Monday 8pm please.
1. Reminder Nightcliff Pool is closed for new pump installation and Tues & Thurs swim squad (6-7am) has moved to Casuarina Pool during the closure.
2. You might want to download City of Darwin’s new app.
3. News from Langkawi – weather was cool and overcast and the swim course extremely well marked. A couple of athletes still to arrive in Malaysia but those already there are settling in well.
4. Track IM Malaysia here on Saturday.
5. Still a number of club tri gear orders to collect. Please email to arrange pickup.
6. Intertwined opened at Lake Alexander today.
7. Details of the pool closures at all three pools happening this Friday.
8. Ride2Work Day – Wednesday 15 October 2014
Darwin Triathlon Club