We have a triathlon (our first in a while) coming up on Sunday, a very doable 300m swim, 13km bike, 3km run.
Always enjoyable, this distance is a favourite and judging by our entry numbers we will be seeing many of you down at Lake Alexander.
If you are new to Darwin Triathlon Club – welcome! We look forward to supporting you in your first event. Do have a peep at the attached basic rules of triathlon so that there are no surprises on race day.
As part of your online registration we have been asking you to add your timing chip number. If this is your first event with us, you collect & sign for your chip (free) at registration.
We ask that all participants attend the rego desk to be checked in on Sunday morning.
1. Ironman Malaysia, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Patrik Nilsson 8:41:53 Female: Diana Riesler 9:26:28
Jac Crofton 2nd F35-39 10:56:11
Rob Brooks 8th M50-54 11:29:13
Steve Goat 22nd M30-34 11:57:55
John Arrigo 24th M30-34 12:06:34
Billy Lynch 28th M30-34 12:26:51
Catherine Hood 7th F30-34 13:06:35
Corinne Fabian 1st F55-59 15:15:57
Russell Peacock dnf
2. Duathlon, Casuarina Beach
Results now up here
Sunday 12 October 2014
7am (check in closes 6.45am)
300m swim, 13km bike, 3km run
Online entry now open here.
Entry closes: Midday Friday
Race Director: Jason Cook | Emma Cook
Registration: Matt King | Clare Labowitch
Fruit | Ice: John Thyne
1. Our thanks to the Blue Cycles crew who will be helping out again on Sunday.
2. As a refresher, please read the attached basic rules of triathlon before Sunday.
3. Important to remember that at our club events there is no drafting allowed during the bike leg, keep to the left at all times and, as roads are open, participants need to adhere to all road rules (including stopping if any traffic lights are RED).
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC:
1. FOR SALE: Zipp 404, tubular + 10 speed dura ace cassette (11-23). $799. Contact: Gerard 0431 367 044
2. WANTED: Member requires share accommodation from December. Email if you know of a room coming up.
3. Items for next E News by Tues 8pm please.
1. Good luck to Aaron Trenfield who is lining up in the Melbourne Marathon this weekend.
2. Kathryn Fuller is among those doing the Melbourne Half Marathon this weekend. Good luck.
3. Keep an eye on the Ironman World Championship tracker for Stu Fitch - our only rep on the Big Island this year. Go Stu!
4. Ride2Work Day – Wednesday 15 October 2014
5. Check out the Darwin Bike Plan and give your feedback.
6. Another farewell this week – Troy Taylor is heading west. All the best Troy!
7. A big thank you to those departing members who have returned timing chips before heading off interstate. We are able to reissue those.
8. If you love all things Darwin, you will enjoy this by Pole Top Rescue.
9. Huge congratulations to Jac Crofton and Corinne Fabian – both women qualified at Ironman Malaysia for Kona in 2015.
10. You could get wet early next week! Check out the BoM’s new forecast.
11. Next Ironman Malaysia date: 14 November 2015
Darwin Triathlon Club