Bonus! Seems most of you are pretty excited about our additional event that is coming up on Sunday and we are hearing there are some comebacks in the wind. It remains to be seen if there is any substance to those rumours or whether it is all talk!
Thanks to those who have put up their hand to help out this weekend and also to those who nominated for other vacant spots on the calendar.
We would love to put on even more extra events for you but we can only service them with your continued help.
So if you haven’t yet done so, do take a quick peek at the calendar and get in touch by email if you can fill any spots where a volunteer is required.
As soon as the ink is dry on all the paper work for those other events that we hope to add (at this stage they are mooted for November and February) we will list them on the calendar as well.
1. Alice Springs Masters Games Duathlon, 2km run, 20km bike, 4km run
Male: Justin Tranter 57:23 Female: Chelsea Rogers 1:03:52
2. Alice Springs Masters Games Triathlon, 600m swim, 20km bike, 5km run
Male: Kevin Coyle 1:02:05 Female: Fiona Coyle 1:05:39
Justin Tranter 2nd M30-34 1:04:34
Helen Bretten 1st F45-49 1:18:45
Sunday 26 October 2014
7am (check in closes 6.45am)
300m swim, 13km bike, 3km run
Race Director: Moira Wigley | Tony Cox
Registration: Heath Porter | Rose Stephens
Fruit | Ice: Jo Duncan
Online Entry now open here.
1. Members should now use their DAR number when entering online. It is on your 2014/2015 card and on our pointscore.
2. As at our last race, participants will be body marked (both arms) with chip number, you can do this at home if you wish (block numbers, down both arms).
3. All participants are to check in at registration on race morning.
4. Please note there will be a Children’s Week event taking place on the sea side of Lake Alex from 9am on Sunday.
5. We request that our competitors leave the top carparks clear and either park outside the reserve, or utilise the same carpark as we use for transition. You will need to arrive early to ensure one of the limited spots.
6. This also means there could be extra traffic on the road into East Point Reserve during our event, so do take care and be patient.
5. As always, traffic regulations (including stopping at RED lights) are to be adhered to during our event.
6. For new members please read basic triathlon rules before Sunday.
7. To help with results production, anyone with a dnf is asked to please let Gary Wall, RD or myself know.
8. Blue Cycles NT will be in attendance helping out and with any mechanical issues you may have. Please remember to thank them as well as our volunteers!
1. Has your membership lapsed or are you leaving town?
2. Timing chips have been issued to members free of charge but if you no longer require yours we would love to be able to re-issue.
3. You can return chips to any of our committee members or post back to the club at PO Box 41266, Casuarina NT 0811
4. Or better still, sign up again, dust off the cobwebs and wear it on Sunday! We would love to see you tri-ing with us again.
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC
1. FOR SALE: Cannondale Slice 5 TT Bike size medium in great condition. Excellent for beginner. Shimano 105 running gear, Fizik Airone Tri 2 Saddle, Vision handle bars, Mavic wheels –$1,300 ono – contact Steve 0407 865 011
2. FOR SALE: Prologo Nago Evo Tri 40 Saddle – Brand New – RRP $160. Sell for $50 – contact Steve 0407 865 011
3. FOR SALE: SRAM Red BB30 Crank Set – Used but in great condition – Excellent upgrade – Over $400 new. Sell for $150 - contact Steve 0407 865 011
4. FOR SALE: Xlab Delta Wing 225 - $40 contact Steve 0407 865 011
5. FOR SALE: Profile Design T2+ alloy clip on tri bars – Used but in great condition - $80 - contact Steve on 0407 865 011
6. FOR SALE: Profile Design T-Mag AZ-80 magnesium clip on tri bars – Ultra lite weight – Used but in great condition - $120 contact Steve on 0407 865 011
7. FOR SALE: JetBlack Fluid trainer – Perfect for the up and coming wet season – Used but in excellent condition - $80 - contact Steve on 0407 865 011
8. Items for next E News by 9pm Monday please.
1. Update on Nightcliff Pool upgrade – a spare part is winging its way from USA & due any day. Meanwhile Nightcliff swim squad continues at Casuarina Pool 6-7am Tues & Thurs.
2. Good news for those who like destination races - the triathlon calendar for interstate and overseas is absolutely overloaded with events, many of them new. Makes picking a race an interesting exercise and right now, there are still new events are bobbing up all over the place while still others are dropping off.
3. Noosa Triathlon is just around the corner marking the start of the Oz tri season.
4. Details of Triathlon NT AGM here.
5. There seems to be a lot of glass around at the moment. Make sure you carry spares when you hit the road.
6. Can’t be my imagination - it is getting hotter! On the flip side, our Frost Risk is currently NIL.
Darwin Triathlon Club