The weather gods were kind for our Splash N Dash and the junior event at the Waterfront on Saturday evening. The location is a picture perfect event backdrop and we gained a lot of interest from those on the sidelines and from the various establishments.
A big thank you to our volunteer Race Director Brian Gallagher for his efforts in putting this event on for us. Also a big thank you to our roster volunteers, the team from Blue Cycles NT and those of you who stepped up on the evening to help out. As always, we acknowledge our events are only possible because of our brilliant volunteers.
1. More good news regarding events with confirmation that our additional triathlon on Sunday 23 November 14 will go ahead at Lake Alex.
2. You asked for it! The distance: 300m swim, 13km bike, 3km run.
3. HELP NEEDED - We have listed president Tony Cox as RD for the event on the 23rd, but now appeal for someone to step up and volunteer to co-pilot this event with him (he could then take part). Tony does all our sanctioning, permits etc for every event as well as helping out at the majority. Please email if you are available to assist Tony with the RD position or can help out with marshalling.
1. Splash N Dash, Aquathlon #1, Waterfront, 200m swim, 2km run, 200m swim, 2km run
Male: Brett Verity 22:31 Female: Jac Crofton 24:40
Results posted here
2. Ironman 70.3 Mandurah, WA, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Michael Raelert 3:35:55 Female: Annabel Luxford 4:02:20
Shellie Ratahi 6th F40-44 5:05:51
Alex Murdock 16th M18-24 5:17:29
Graeme Parsons 3rd M65-69 5:46:32
Emily Heames 17th F25-29 5:48:36
3. Challenge Forster, NSW, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Mitch Robins 3:50:34 Female: Liz Blatchford 4:15:02
Michelle Gailey 5th Pro F 4:38:02
4. Murray Man Triathlon, SA, 2km swim, 80km bike, 20km run
Male: David Mainwaring 3:45:58 Female: Sarah Crowley 4:05:38
Tim Green 4th Pro M 3:50:25
Stef Puszka 3rd Pro F 4:19:10
23 November 2014
300m swim, 13km bike, 3km run
Race Director: Tony Cox | Volunteer required
Registration: Allan Barrett | Christine Friebel
Fruit | Ice: Billy Lynch
ENTERING OUR CLUB EVENTS:
1. When entering our club events please use your DAR number (not your TA number).
2. As you also need your timing chip number for entry, why not write it on your m’ship card and have all your info in the one place.
JOINING MULTIPLE CLUBS
1. Do you have an interstate Triathlon Australia membership and now wish to join Darwin Triathlon Club?
2. Or are you leaving / have left Darwin and wish to join another club?
3. TA give this information about joining multiple clubs: "It is possible to join multiple clubs via our membership system. In order to do this, you need to first of all complete your membership to TA, your State and your first club option. Then you will need to go back into the membership system as though you are registering for a second time. Use the same email address and password to log in. The system will recognise that you already have paid for annual membership to TA so it will show as ‘$0’ cost and you will not be charged for this again. You can then choose the relevant State and second club from the drop down lists. This time it will show up with a cost for the second club’s annual membership. When you go through to the check out page you will only be charged for the cost of membership to the second club. You will then be a member of both clubs."
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC
1. WANTED: House Sitter wanted all of January 2015. Near the Nightcliff foreshore, ideal location for training. House comes complete with pool and the world’s best dog (and running partner) plus free supply of eggs from resident chooks. Contact Simon 0401 118 360
2. FOR SALE: Thule vehicle bike carrier. Towball mounting style, lockable and capable of taking 3 bikes. $40 Contact Simon 0401 118 360
3. Check items posted to buy, swap, sell or simply giveaway to a good home at DARWIN TRI – BUY | SWAP | SELL Facebook page. Join while you are there and feel free to add your posts there & include photos if you wish.
4. Items for next E News by Monday 8pm please.
1. The speedy guys were in action at IM 70.3 Mandurah Pro Championship with Raelert coming close to breaking his world record time with his 3:35:55. Former members who were also speedy included Derek Cross who was first age grouper (again) in 4:02:55 (1st M35-39), Ashan Weerakkody 4:18:09 (3rd M25-29) and Barry Silverlock 4:46:56 (1st M55-59).
2. Have you moved up or down in our Pointscore since the latest update? Check it here.
3. Rumours say that there was an encounter with one of the resident queenfish on Saturday.
4. We had some lost property left after the race. It is always a good idea to check you have picked up all your gear before leaving.
5. On the start list for Challenge Shepparton – Michelle Gailey. Good luck!
6. Heading south to race in the inaugural IM 70.3 Ballarat – Tim Wolf. Good luck!
7. Did you get in to Noosa 2015 before TA priority allocation sold out?
8. Former club president Paul Bell is in town for work & came down to the Waterfront for a catch up.
9. Tri legend Belinda Granger races her farewell event on Australian soil at Challenge Shepparton this weekend. BG has been given the No 1 bib.
10. With many on the move at this time of year, those members leaving Darwin are encouraged to return their timing chip so it can be put back into circulation.
Darwin Triathlon Club