Darwin Triathlon Club celebrates its 25th anniversary this month. Triathlon has been around the Top End far longer than that, but our club was officially incorporated on 30 November 1989.
The composition of our membership can change each year due to the often transient nature of life in Darwin, but the best things about our club are the warm welcome given to our new members, the friendly nature of our events and the lasting friendships and connections made by our members that endure long after people have left the NT.
It is not unusual to receive requests for uniform items from those leaving. Many want to maintain their link with our club or quite simply wear our colours because they are recognised around the country and overseas and are a great conversation starter – usually a “do you know ….”!
Links remain strong and there are often reunions at far flung events or here in Darwin when former members return for a visit or to compete.
We recognise all those who have contributed to the development of Darwin Triathlon Club over the past 25 years (many of whom are featured on our Honour Board) and look forward to the continuing success of our club in the years to come.
To ensure we are catering to our member’s needs, the committee is reviewing all our operations, building on work commenced by previous committees.
We are also listening to member feedback and our event this Sunday is an addition to our original calendar after members indicated a preference for more of this distance. Thank you to those wonderful people putting up their hand to volunteer so that this and our other events can take place.
1. Ironman 70.3 Ballarat, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Michael Raelert 3:48:33 Female: Melanie McQuaid 4:19:40
Tim Wolf 22nd M30-34 5:01:00
2. Challenge Shepparton, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Josh Amberger 3:45:16 Female: Annabel Luxford 4:18:04
Michelle Gailey 6th Pro F 4:40:23
23 November 2014
7am (registration closes 6.45am)
300m swim, 13km bike, 3km run
Online entry open When entering our club events please use your DAR number (not your TA number).
Race Director: Tony Cox | Julia Logan
Registration: Allan Barrett | Christine Friebel
Fruit | Ice: Roger Decurtins
1. We ask that you take the time to read the basic rules of triathlon before our event on Sunday.
2. Blue Cycles NT will be on hand at our event should you need mechanical assistance & they will also be helping out. Thanks to Matt and the team for their continued support at our events.
3. Blue Cycles have come to the rescue on a number of occasions but it would be far better if they had nothing to do, so we suggest you make sure you have checked your bike, pumped up your tyres and remember your helmet on race day!
4. And don’t forget your timing chip.
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC
1. FOR SALE: Thule vehicle bike carrier. Towball mounting style, lockable and capable of taking 3 bikes. $40 Contact Simon 0401 118 360
2. Check items posted to buy, swap, sell or simply giveaway to a good home at DARWIN TRI – BUY | SWAP | SELL Facebook page. Join while you are there and feel free to add your posts there & include photos if you wish.
3. WANTED: House Sitter wanted all of January 2015. Near the Nightcliff foreshore, ideal location for training. House comes complete with pool and the world’s best dog (and running partner) plus free supply of eggs from resident chooks. Contact Simon 0401 118 360
4. Items for next E News by Monday 8pm please.
1. Watch for calendar updates & added events (both senior and junior) on our website.
2. Watch for our new Junior Facebook page being set up by our junior committee.
3. Good news! We have had confirmation that Nightcliff Pool will be reopened in time for our combined junior/senior Christmas Splash N Dash (6 Dec). The committee last night decided the event would be a free, fun, novelty participation event. It won’t be timed and no points will be awarded. More details to come.
4. Watch for an update on all things event related which will be going out to members in the near future.
Darwin Triathlon Club