Do hope you are enjoying the sunshine during this break from monsoon conditions & have taken the opportunity to get your shoes dry. If you are still holidaying – lucky you – enjoy!
We offer a warm (if somewhat steamy) welcome to our new members, particularly those just arriving in the Territory – be assured, you will acclimatise!!
Good news, our 2015 events get underway this weekend with Aquathlon #2 at Lake Alexander on Sunday.
If you have friends thinking of joining our club, please let them know that now is best time by taking advantage of the reduced membership deal currently being offered. Adult membership to 30 June, previously $170, has been reduced to $122 and that’s still with all our major events to come.
An Australia Day Sport Carnival Event
Sunday 25 January 2015
7am (check in closes 6.45am)
750m swim, 5km run
(or short option of 250m swim, 3km run)
Online entry now open here
Race Director: Barry Sullivan
Registration: Diane Napier | Emily Heames
Fruit | Ice: Billy Lynch
1. Entry closes midnight Friday.
2. On joining DTC you are given a TA number and a DAR number. Please use your DAR number when entering our club events.
3. Don’t forget your DTC timing chip. No chip, no points!
4. Participating at a club race for the first time? Your chip will be available to sign for and collect on Sunday.
5. Male & female winners will receive Australia Day Sports Carnival medals.
6. We welcome back the team from Blue Cycles NT and thank them for helping out at our upcoming events.
1. We require a couple of people to volunteer for our water station on Sunday morning. If you are available and can help out, please contact Barry by email direct here
TRIATHLON NT NEWS:
1. Triathlon NT has advised a change of date for the Ray White NT Junior & Sprint Championships.
2. Date of these events is now 11-12 April 2015.
3. This is the weekend following the Easter weekend.
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC:
1. Good to see so many of you posting your items to buy, swap, sell or simply giveaway to a good home at DARWIN TRI – BUY | SWAP | SELL Facebook page. Noticed some reductions on bikes for sale that you may like to check out. Request to join the page to view and feel free to add your posts & include photos if you wish. If your item sells, please comment sold in your post.
2. Items for next week’s E News by Monday 8pm please
1. Interesting to hear the diverse list of events being targeted by our members in 2015. Some are concentrating on local events (and there are plenty of those), others are travelling far and wide for standard distance, half and full ironman, cross triathlon or multisport events while others are signing up for single discipline events. Whatever your choice, the year looks like being an interesting one for our members!
2. In case you missed it – here’s the #thisgirlcan video from the UK - celebrating women doing their thing no matter how they do it, how they look or even how sweaty they get. Guaranteed to inspire us to wiggle, jiggle and move and to enter the aquathlon on Sunday!
3. Uniform order now closed.
4. Good to hear that New Year hit/run victim Jarod Sallis is no longer in a coma. We wish Jarod a speedy recovery. Police have today issued an image of the person they wish to locate and interview.
5. Meanwhile in Canberra this cyclist had a lucky escape.
6. And to get you fired up for the new ITU 2015 season, this video.
Darwin Triathlon Club