We have the final of our 2014 | 2015 Duathlon Series events coming up this weekend.
It’s out at Dripstone Park and yes, we have put the café on alert for those of you who enjoy a post-race latte!
The cooler weather is perfect for run, bike, run and great training for all the upcoming longer events. Two distances are on offer & teams are welcome so there is something for everyone.
See you all there Sunday.
1. Tri Fraser Coast, Qld, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Jason Cook 1st M35-39 2:04:54
Emma Cook 5th F40-44 2:39:29
2. Great Ocean Road Marathon 44km
Lee Wilson 2nd M45-49 3:21:46
3. Great Ocean Road Half Marathon, 23km
Clare Labowitch 3rd F60-64 2:28:08
4. ITU World Triathlon Paratriathlon Event, Yokohama, Japan, 750m swim, 20km bike, 5km run
Katie Kelly 1st PT5 (Guide Michellie Jones) 1:08:29
5. Kakadu Triathlon, 250m swim, 10km bike, 2.5km run
Male: 3 Stuart Butcher 38:39
Female: 1 Justine Saunders 42:28; 2 Tahnee Coonan 44:24; 3 Lisa Puckering 44:56
Sunday 24 May 2015
6km run, 20km bike, 3km run
Short option 3km run, 14km bike, 1.5km run
Entry now open here
Race Director: Ron Griep
Registration: Jo Duncan | Rena Walker
Fruit | Ice: Raz De Jongh
1. The team from Blue Cycles NT will be on hand to help out but do check your bike and other equipment before the event.
1. Date Claimer: Save Saturday 11 July 2015 for our Presentation Night dinner. Belinda Townend is busy organising venue & menu.
2. A trial number of bike racks have been ordered. We want to ensure they are suitable for our needs.
3. Reminder to members – your TA & club membership will auto renewal on 1 July 2015 unless you have unchecked the relevant sections.
4. Darwin Triathlon Club fees for 2015 | 2016 are unchanged for the third year in a row. To participate in our club events you must also be a current Triathlon Australia/Triathlon NT member. That fee is increasing by $5.
5. Opportunities for individuals to sponsor one or more of our events are currently available. See website.
TRIATHLON NT NEWS:
1. Entry open NT Olympic Distance Triathlon 31 May 2015
2. Volunteer needed for fruit | ice at NT Olympic Distance. Please contact RD John Thyne 0423 797 401 if you can help.
3. NT Long Course 5 July 2015 venue firming as Lake Bennett.
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC:
1. LOST: A member lost a bike helmet at an event at Lake Alexander recently. Please email if you know whereabouts.
2. Lots of new activity happening on our DARWIN TRI – BUY | SWAP | SELL Facebook page. Request to join if you haven’t already done so and post your unwanted or superseded items there.
1. Our speedy recovery wishes to Barry King who sustained a broken collar bone while mtb-ing at the weekend.
2. ITU Cross Triathlon World Championships are heading for Lake Crackenback in 2016.
3. ITU World Triathlon Grand Final is locked in for the Gold Coast in 2018.
4. From 2017 an ITU World Multisport Triathlon Festival will include duathlon, cross triathlon, long course and aquathlon World Championships. It will be in Canada in 2017 and Odense, Denmark in 2018.
5. Entry open City 2 Surf 14 June 2015
6. Entry open Fannie Bay Swim 28 June 2015
7. Countdown to Ironman Cairns and Ironman 70.3 Cairns is ticking.
8. If you or someone you know is racing away, we would appreciate a heads up please.
9. We have a call out to members (&/or their friends or family) to help fill our roster positions for our upcoming events. Lots of vacancies now exist for 2015|2016 events and we need them filled asap. Please check calendar here and let us know where you can assist.
Darwin Triathlon Club