It was a big day of tri action down at Lake Alexander on Sunday, and it was fantastic to see our members giving 100%.
Congrats to all those who competed, especially those who did their first ever Olympic Distance aka standard distance triathlon – always an exciting moment!
The very welcome rain pre - race caused a little concern but held off and the cloud cover was a big bonus for competitors.
We thank club member Aaron Caden and the team at Cycle Zone Darwin for their support of this Triathlon NT event, know the giveaways and assistance was appreciated!
Also a loud shout out to Triathlon NT’s event committee headed up by Ange Castle, the RD John Thyne, the man on the mike Phill Hatty, our equipment guy Alex Murdock and all the other wonderful volunteers who stepped up to help out at the event. Take a bow!
1. NT Olympic Distance Triathlon Championships, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: Brett Verity 1:58:03 Female: Rachel McLean 2:08:29
Full results here.
NT Olympic Distance Champions: Brett Verity | Rachel McLean
Open: Brett Verity | Stef Puszka
20-24: Luke Fronsko | Rachel McLean
25-29: Matt King | Hannah Johnston
30-34: Heath Porter | Kylie Scholz
35-39: Jamie Baldwin | Emma Winterflood
40-44: Aaron Trenfield | Shaye Hatty
45-49: Ron Griep | Tara Worby
50-54: Gary Wall | Jo Duncan
55-59: Corinne Fabian
65-69: Graeme Parsons
Sunday 21 June 2015
Open Water Triathlon #2
600m swim, 20km bike, 6km run
Short option 300m swim, 14km bike, 3km run
Online entry opening soon (when roster filled).
Race Director: Volunteer required
Registration: Shellie Ratahi | Tina Sanderson
Fruit | Ice: Volunteer required
Please email if you can assist.
1. New members are welcome to join now and be eligible to participate at our next event (see above).
2. Existing members will auto renew on 1 July unless you have opted out. Those who have opted out of auto renew, can manually renew any time after 17 June.
3. We are pleased to advise members that there has been no increase in club fees again this year (third year in a row).
TRIATHLON NT NEWS:
Triathlon NT are urgently seeking a Race Director for the upcoming NT Long Course Triathlon Championships on Sunday 5 July 15 at Lake Bennett.
The road is fixed, the lake is beautiful - why not get away for the weekend and be part of the friendly team to help deliver this challenging race!
Contact Ange on 0477 036 350 or firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC:
1. Lots of new activity on our DARWIN TRI – BUY | SWAP | SELL Facebook page, and more bikes added. Request to join if you haven’t already done so and you may pick up a bargain.
2. WANTED: Cot for 1 yr old visitor to a tri household. Return email if you can assist.
3. Items for next E News by Monday please.
1. Our timing guru Gary Wall was pretty stoked to win his first ever age category medal at the weekend. Congrats Gary!
2. NT News today.
3. Swimming NT open water swim dates 6 June, 18, July, 1 Aug, 15 Aug. 1.2, 2 or 3km. Have entry form if you are interested.
4. Our amazing members are racing all over the place. This weekend we have Stef Puszka and Billy Lynch lining up at Ironman 70.3 Japan, Nikki Roddie is at Ironman 70.3 Switzerland and Tim Green takes on the Coral Coast 5150 at Port Douglas. Good luck!
5. We like to give you a mention where ever you are racing. Let us know if you (or someone you know) is racing away. Would be great to get a complete IM Cairns / IM70.3Cairns line up sorted pre-race (and save E News editor trolling through results).
6. A competitor lost her engagement ring at Lake Alex on Sunday morning. After lots of searching - including with a metal detector – it hasn’t turned up. Sentimental value is high. Any info appreciated, please email.
7. Our wonderful tri volunteers do all sorts of things to ensure our events run smoothly. Shout out to Triathlon NT President James Geddes for removing the dead cat off Dick Ward Drive on Sunday!
8. Photos and video from Sunday’s event posted.
1. Leaving town or no longer racing? We would love to have your timing chip returned so it can be put back into circulation. They are costly little items for the club so return would be appreciated and will help keep our event costs (and therefore your entry fees) down.
2. Please give those not required chips to a committee member or post to PO Box 41266, Casuarina NT 0811.
Keep on tri-ing,
Darwin Triathlon Club