The distance may have been longer for Aquathlon #2 last weekend but
competitors appeared to have their pacing fine tuned to suit and quite a
few said they enjoyed the 3rd 200/2 the most. Perhaps it was cooler
A big thank you to RD on the day Brian
Gallagher, our rego team of Diane Napier and Dan Holmes and
Di also doubled as post race refreshment provider. They were ably
assisted by a number of willing volunteers including some pint sized help
on the water station. Thank you all!
Brian mentioned in the race brief that if everyone helped out just once a
year, particularly if our more experienced members put up their
hand as Race Directors, the club functions extremely well.
Please take the time to check the event
calendar and volunteer where you can in 2016.
Our immediate aim is to fill the position of RD for Aquathlon #3 on 24 Jan
16. Email email@example.com
Our 2015 events come an end on Saturday evening with our annual
Christmas Splash n Dash at Nightcliff Pool.
This combined event with our juniors is an ideal way to kick off the
festive season and to catch up with members before many start heading off
to all corners of the globe.
The event counts towards our pointscore and we will have a lucky spot
prize draw on the day (you will need to be there to win). See you all
on Saturday evening - hopefully decked out in Christmas theme!
1. Aquathlon #2, 200m swim, 2km run x 2
Fronsko 36:59 Female: Jac Crofton
1. The pool will be closed to public from 5pm and all patrons will be
required to leave. Keep this in mind if you come early in the afternoon for
a warm up swim or bring family (you will need to pay entry to be admitted
prior to 5pm & will still have to leave the pool grounds).
2. Our pool booking is from 5:30pm - we will get you through rego
extra quick and we may also get in earlier if possible.
3. We will have some lucky spot prizes to give away - you have to be
there to win.
4. Pointscore points are to be allocated on this event.
5. Save some energy for our junior/senior relay.
6. Club tees
- $15 each or 3 for $40 available at this event. Ideal Christmas stocking
1. Brett Verity
was the lucky winner of the mini ipad after completing the NT Sport &
Active Recreation Master Plan survey.
2. Some of our juniors participated in a relay at our event last
weekend. Keen as!
3. We don't seem to have anyone on the start list at Ironman 70.3
Western Sydney this weekend. Former members Grant Preddy and Derek
Cross are on the start list.
4. Hearing the stork will be busy again in 2016.
5. Countdown has commenced for those heading west for Ironman WA next
week - Gary Wall,
Jon Clark, Alex
Murdock and Peter
6. We have trisuit & tri top orders back, just waiting arrival of
tri pants. Email will be sent regarding collection.
7. Seeking suggestions for practical, within budget, healthy options
for post-race refreshments (food and drinks). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if
you have any feedback to contribute.
Roddie is in town thawing out for a few days. Darwin
climate a tad warmer than Switzerland right now.
10. Friends or work colleagues wanting to know more about getting
started in triathlon? Direct them to upcoming beginner
11. Members have been jumping on some super cheap flight bargains
this past week, particularly for Cairns 70.3 & Ironman Cairns.
12. Did you hear president Tony Cox on the radio on
Saturday? Tony was getting the word out there about our events and
the message that triathlon is for everyone with distances to suit all ages
13. Looking ahead - Ironman 70.3 Western Sydney will host IM 70.3 Asia
Pacific Championships in 2017. 2016
location is Cebu Philippines with the event already a sell out.
14. Got a suggestion for a new event venue (tri, du or aqua),
comments on what you have liked or how we can do things better next year?
Email email@example.com we
value member feedback!
15. Now go dig out those reindeer ears, you will need them on