We are whipping through our amazing calendar of events.
Our Off Road Tri #2 takes place this weekend. As this is one of those extra events added by popular demand, we expect another great roll up.
Please note there won’t be an E News next week so you will find lots of info below. This includes entry links for our up-coming Sprint Series as well as details of how non-members can sign up for our Come & Tri events.
See you Sunday!
Sunday 22 February 2015
Off Road Triathlon #2
7am (Check in closes 6.45am)
300m swim, 15km mtb, 4km run
Online Entry now open here.
Entry closes tomorrow Friday 20 Feb 2015.
Race Director: Aaron Caden | Emma Winterflood
Registration: Rena Walker | Vicki Woodrow
Fruit | Ice: Tori Sherrock
1. Help our already busy volunteers by ensuring you enter using your correct club DAR number and your correct timing chip number.
2. Our timing system is good but it can’t read minds, so please make sure you go over the mats (those are the blue things on the ground, usually highlighted by orange witches hats J )
3. Once finished your race do remember to not go over the mats again while still wearing your timing chip. Thanks for your help here!
4. Don’t forget your timing chip.
5. The team from Blue Cycles NT will be present to assist at our event and are more than willing to help members out who find themselves in a last minute mechanical pickle!
SPRINT & WOMENS SERIES (members)
Our Sprint & Women’s Series gets underway Sunday week!
We are also offering a short option as an alternative for those members not up to the longer distance.
1. Race 1 Sprint Series – 1 March 2015 750m swim/26km bike/5km run or short option 300/13/3 – Entry is now open for members here.
2. Race 2 Sprint Series – 22 March 2015 750/26/5 or short option 300/13/3 – Entry is now open for members here.
3. Ray White NT Sprint Distance Championships doubles as Race 3 of our series. For event info and entry procedure please check the Triathlon NT website.
COME & TRI (non-members) opportunities, for those who don’t yet belong to our club and want a swim, bike, run experience before joining, are offered as follows:
1. Come & Tri #1 – 1 March 2015 - 300m swim, 13km bike, 3km run – Non-member Entry for Come & Tri #1 open here.
2. Come & Tri #2 – 22 March 2015 – 300m swim, 13km bike, 3km run – Non-member Entry for Come & Tri #2 open here.
Entry links for all our events can also be found on our website Event Calendar page.
URGENT - VOLUNTEERS REQUIRED:
1. We need someone to put up their hand for Fruit & Ice at Race 1 & 2 of the sprint series. Please email if you are willing to fill one of these spots (1 March and/or 22 March).
1. Thank you to all the wonderful members who are already listed to help out. Please check the roster again to see where you have upcoming dates.
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC:
1. FOR SALE: Giant TCRC1 road bike, suit small female, full Shimano Ultegra; Mavic Ksyrium wheelset bladed spokes etc; one owner, well maintained. $475 Contract Robyn 1448 206 121
1. Congratulations to Kylie and Glen Scholz on the birth of their second Ironchild. Jasmine arrived on Friday, a little sister for Heidi. All well.
2. Entry list for Husky Tri includes Alex Wetton, Tim Wolf and Hannah Johnston. Good luck!
3. Our Intro to Tri session took place at Lake Alex on Sunday with those in attendance getting all the good tri secrets from John Thyne.
4. Juniors got a great workout at the velodrome on Saturday and afterwards all lined up to wash their bikes. Thanks to all who helped out with the event.
5. Ironman 70.3 Cairns entry is now closed.
6. Remember to keep an eye on our website, facebook page &/or twitter over the next couple of weeks.
Darwin Triathlon Club