Our Sprint Series #2 happens this weekend and I know many of you are hoping to improve on your times set at #1.
We also have our last Come & Tri event for 2014 taking place. Come & Tri is being conducted to give non-members an opportunity to participate with us before joining Darwin Triathlon Club.
Our juniors were in action at Lake Alexander last weekend. Thanks to Tim Ellison, Steve Goat and the many volunteers who assisted with the event ~ the kids had a ball!
1. Mooloolaba Triathlon, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: Tim O’Donnell 1:55:13 Female: Sarah Crowley 2:07:26
Jason Cook 9th M35-39 2:17:49
Greg Bush 1st M60-64 2:31:17
Corinne Fabian 2nd F55-59 2:43:23
Emma Cook 28th F35-39 2:53:13
1. Race #2 Sprint & Women’s Series (Darwin Triathlon Club members only)
Sunday 22 March 2015
750m swim, 26km bike, 5km run
Short option 300m swim, 13km bike, 3km run
Online entry for members wishing to compete in Sprint #2 OR short option is open here
2. Come & Tri (Open to non-members wishing to try a tri)
Sunday 22 March 2015
300m swim, 13km bike, 3km run
Online entry for non-members wishing to Come & Tri is open here
Race Director: Phill Hatty
Registration: Alan Barrett | Shaye Hatty
Fruit | Ice: Matt King
1. No late entries will be accepted.
2. Robroy MacGregor and Vision Money are super excited to be supporting this event and are arranging a breakfast BBQ & Coffee for all the competitors this Sunday!
3. The Blue Cycles NT team are a familiar sight at our events and will again be on hand to assist our members. Thanks Blue Cycles.
1. Entry for Ray White Bayside NT Sprint Distance Triathlon Championships, Saturday 11 April, 2015 now open. Further info from Triathlon NT
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC:
1. MISSING: We have lost our Engle esky, we are pretty sure it was used for the Long Course in August last year. It's white with 2 black rubber latches 65ltr.
If anyone has seen it we would be very grateful. Contact Berky 0439 993 415 or Lucy 0405 604 112
2. If you have triathlon items to buy, swap, sell or simply giveaway to a good home you are welcome to post on DARWIN TRI – BUY | SWAP | SELL Facebook page. If you haven’t already, send a request through Facebook to join the page. You will then be able to view all the available items.
3. Items for next E News by Monday 8pm please.
1. Work on our 2015/2016 calendar is progressing. We have a full range of events planned for next year.
2. Progress is being made on the design and replacement of our aging trailer.
3. New lighter, and easier to store bike racks are being sourced.
4. We are sourcing quotes for a new club tee shirt. Watch this place!
5. David Hancock and Tony Cox are fine tuning our sponsorship policy to be launched along with our 2015/2016 calendar.
1. After months of training, significant financial and family investment club member Dan Holmes headed off to Mooloolaba (his first Olympic distance event). As a member of the trauma response unit at the Royal Darwin Hospital Dan got a call on Saturday afternoon saying he was booked on the evening flight to head over to Vanuatu. So with 30 minutes until transition closes he goes and gets his bike out, packs it up and leaves the country. Dan was very disappointed to be a DNS for the race but is also happy to be able to use his medical training to assist those how have been through Cyclone Pam.
2. Mark Anzin is also in Vanuatu with the trauma response unit. Stay safe messages go to both of these amazing guys.
3. Our juniors were in action at the weekend. Skill levels are pretty impressive. Do get down and watch them in action sometime. Photos are posted to our Facebook page.
4. 2016 Challenge Melbourne entry now open with early bird entry fee and draw to win Giant 2015 Trinity Advanced SL1 bike + one free entry for Challenge Roth. Race date 31 Jan 2016
5. Ironman Melbourne (Asia Pacific Championships) takes place this weekend. Fingers crossed the Victorian weather gods are happy on race day. Sinon Cooney, Damien Brown and James Geddes are among those competing. Good luck guys!
Darwin Triathlon Club