Yes it’s Thursday, E News is a day late this week and will be short & sweet!
Hearing great reports from last Sunday’s Kerran Mudgway Memorial Club Championships. It appears the run course was a real winner!!
A huge thank you to Race Director Robbie Weatherald and all our willing helpers who assisted in the lead up to the event and on race day.
We can’t thank our volunteers enough especially in this, National Volunteers Week.
Thanks also to Blue Cycles NT who continue to help out at our events.
1. Kerran Mudgway Memorial Club Championships, 1km swim, 26km bike, 8km run
2015 Club Champions - Male: Tim Green 1:22:55 Female: Rachel McLean 1:34:01
Full results here
2. Ironman 70.3 Vietnam, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: James Cunnama 3:51:29 Female: Caroline Steffen 4:21:40
Stef Puszka 4th FPro 4:39:08
Ange Castle 5th FPro 4:44:47
Billy Lynch 9th M30-34 5:23:01
Cath Hood 2nd F30-34 6:05:22
Angela Librio 8th F45-49 6:27:01
Daryl Stanley 1st M65-69 6:28:26
Phil Blumberg 4th M60-64 7:00:48
Sunday 24 May 2015
6km run, 20km bike, 3km run
Short option 3km run, 14km bike, 1.5km run
Entry now open here
Race Director: Ron Griep
Registration: Jo Duncan | Rena Walker
Fruit | Ice: Volunteer required (please email if you can assist by filling this spot)
1. At a Volunteer Week function earlier this week, President Tony Cox received a well-deserved NT Volunteer Certificate of Appreciation for all his behind the scenes efforts on behalf of the club.
2. The weather was hot, hot, hot at Ironman 70.3 Vietnam.
3. Good luck to Craig Garland who is among those tackling North Face 50 this weekend.
4. Tri legend Michellie Jones will guide Katie Kelly along her Road to Rio.
5. Robbie Andrews came in 3rd at UltraMan Australia last weekend.
6. Some of our members are heading down to Jabiru this weekend for the Kakadu Triathlon (250m swim. 10km bike, 2.5km run), a fundraiser for CareFlight. Have fun!
Darwin Triathlon Club