visitors who joined us at our Open Water Triathlon gave us the thumbs up!
We managed to turn on a tougher than usual swim for them because of the
high tide, and they loved the bike & run course.
We also had a number of new members completing their first triathlon -
always inspiring to share their achievement and enthusiasm. Well
done, hope to see you at another event real soon!
Water Triathlon, 600m swim, 20km bike, 6km run
Porter Female: Rachel McLean
Results: Apologies for delay, we hope to have results out Friday (volunteer
results guru interstate).
3. Ironman 70.3 World Championships, Austria 1.9km swim, 90km bike,
115th M50-54 5:40:39 Sarah Collins
49th F55-59 7:39:17
4. Adelaide Marathon 42.2km
11th M50-54 3:41:37
1. Our AGM was conducted prior to our event on Sunday and 2015 | 2016
Committee elected as follows:
Vice President: Vacant
Public Officer: Brett
Equipment Officer: Alex
Junior Co-Ordinator: Melissa
General Committee: Gary
Wall, Graeme Parsons, David Hancock, Roger Decurtins
2. On behalf of the club, Tony
thanked outgoing committee members (Belinda Townend, Justin Tranter &
Steve Goat) for their valued contribution. Steve served a period on
committee, then as President and most recently as junior coordinator.
Belinda has been the gem behind organising social functions during
her time on the committee and Justin assisted on a number of subcommittees.
3. The position of Equipment Officer will become vacant in the new
year. We would like to hear from any of our members who are willing
to assist with the maintenance of our equipment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. We welcomed two new committee members - Melissa Lind
(Juniors) and Roger
Super Sprint Series #1
300m swim, 13km bike, 3km run
Entry will opens shortly - setting up a series entry so you can enter all
three events in one go.
Race Director: Volunteer
Registration: Gayle Viney | Alan Barrett
Fruit | Ice: Volunteer required
1. This is the first event of our three race Super Sprint Series. A
Super Sprint Handicap to follow after that based on times.
2. You can see that the roster is short on volunteers & this is
repeated across all four events at the moment.
3. Please check the Calendar asap
and volunteer where you can so we can ensure our events go ahead.
4. For those with long memories, the Race Director position is as
easy as compared to a few years ago. Sanctioning & permits are all
done, water safety & ambulance attendance is pre-organised, swim buoy
positions are permanent and there are always experienced people around to
mentor those RD-ing for the first time.
INVITE FOR THOSE
ATHLETES HEADING TO SUNSHINE COAST 70.3:
Castle & Jamie
Hagan are super excited to be heading back to their
old stomping ground for Ironman 70.3 Sunshine Coast. They have
been members of Caloundra Tri Club since its inception a few years back and
being a fun, friendly and welcoming club, they have invited Darwin
Triathlon Club members to join them at the club tent for the event.
2. Perhaps we can call ourselves sister-clubs as Jason & Emma
Cook swapped clubs at very similar time (we do like to give back) &
Jason has also reiterated this invite from their new club!
3. The blue club marquee with the ibis symbol will be sitting atop
the Alex Heads hill, very near the intersection where the bike course heads
inland - perfect spot! The club esky and barbie will be pumping with cold
drinks and snags at a few bucks a pop. The marquee will be set up from the
evening before so it is available before, during and after the race.
4. Thanks to Caloundra Tri Club for this invite to members.
5. If you are after club tri gear (medium tri pants, small top
womens) check out the bargain on the DARWIN TRI - BUY
| SWAP | SELL | WANTED Facebook page. Lots of new items
posted over the past few days so worthwhile having a look.
6. Club tees are selling well and we are most out of small men's
stock. We will have them for sale again at our next event and
definitely have the larger women's sizes on hand.
PIC OF THE
Tim Wolf heading for finish line at Dripstone Park