Race Director: Billy
Lynch | Stef Puszka
Peacock | Volunteer Required
Fruit | Ice: Alex Wetton
Cox & Lisa
Payne have our grant submission for new racks and trailer
completed. It is hoped we will have new racking system in operation in
time for our Sprint Series in March 2016.
2. A subcommittee has been formed to investigate possible new
locations to conduct our events. If you would like to assist or
have a suggestion please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stanley represented the club at NT Sport & Rec's
Active Recreation Forum this week.
4. Tony prepared
a submission to NT Parks & Wildlife re Casuarina Coastal Reserve
Management Plan and highlighted club usage of the area for events and training.
We are now on their stakeholder contact list.
5. Our new junior co-ordinator Melissa Lind is busy promoting
junior activities via schools, setting up communication channels with
parents and getting her head around all things junior at club level.
If you would like to assist Mel with junior activities please email
Sport Voucher Scheme - Robyn & Mel are
looking into ways to utilise the scheme to offset against tri gear for
juniors. Watch this space.
7. In conjunction with Triathlon NT, the committee is looking into
the position on the calendar & format of Come & Try events.
Could be some changes. Again watch this space.
8. You now have option of using PayPal when entering our events.
Geddes was another member who sat with clipboard in hand
for Super Tues Bike Count and nominated the club. Thanks James!
2. Always great to welcome back former members, especially past
Dags of the Year. Thanks for calling in on Sunday Ray Hanrahan.
3. As you know, we normally reimburse those who take care of our
fruit|ice, so big thanks to Jude
Murdock who generously donated our post race refreshments
on Sunday. Thanks Jude!
4. Nightcliff Pool is currently closed due to pump problems.
Swim squad conducted by coach Daryl Stanley will move to
Casuarina Pool for tomorrow Thurs 6am-7am.
5. Haven't yet volunteered for an event on our calendar? The Fruit
| Ice position might suit you. You can read how it works here.
Please email if you can help fill any of the vacant positions on
6. Former members were able to catch up on Darwin news from those
competing at Ironman 70.3 Sunshine Coast. Among them were Dave
Glass who clocked a 5:30:42, Joy Glass 6:45:42, Chloe Kay 5:29:20 and
Emma Cook 5:30:04 and Cath Meng on the sidelines cheering.
7. Wedding Bells: Ange
Castle & Jamie
Hagan are tying the knot. Congratulations!
8. It's ITU World
Triathlon Series Grand Final time. Go
the Ozzies! Many of you will remember Katie Kelly from her time at
the club. Katie races with Michellie Jones as her guide on Friday
in the Paratriathlon event. Go Katie!
9. A past member club connection with the recent Para-Cycling
World Cup with Alistair Donohoe winning gold
in the TT and silver in the road race.