The attention of the triathlon world and that of our club has turned
to the Big Island of Hawaii where we have three members (Jac Crofton, Hannah Johnston
Fabian) competing at Ironman
World Championshipsthis weekend.
GO HANNAH, GO CORINNE
The hardest part
of any ironman event is making the start line, so
hopefully the girls can now relax and enjoy their race & that famous
While the girls
are slogging it out on the Queen K coming back to T2 in Kailua-Kona, we
will be in action at Lake Alexander with the third of our Super Sprint
Triathlon Series events.
There is plenty of time for swim, bike, run fun on Sunday at Lake A, before
settling in to athlete track them to the finish line! You can watch
live coverage on the day at www.ironman.com
70.3 Gurye, Korea 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Tim Green 9th
Pro M 4:09:18
2. Sydney Marathon, 42km
57th M30-34 3:23:00
Series Triathlon #3 This Sunday 11
7am (check in closes 6:35am)
Race Director: James
Barrett | Gayle Viney
Fruit | Ice: Billy Lynch
1. Sunday is your last chance to post a time ahead of our Super
Sprint Handicap taking place on 25 Oct 15.
2. Reminder: Triathlon NT AGM will take place prior to our race brief
on Sunday so we ask you to please register early.
competing in Hawaii this weekend, former member Carolyn Barry. Good
2. Club tri gear order has been placed. We will email collection
details when delivery is received. Thanks to all those who placed
3. Good news: the club has been approved as a School
Sports Voucher provider. Juniors will now
be able to use their vouchers for their tri gear orders. Thank you for
getting your size requirements to Mel so quickly.
4. On juniors, their next event is scheduled for Sunday 18 Oct 15 -
watch for email with details soon.
5. We had some response (thank you) to our request for volunteers but
still have some spaces left to fill. Please check the calendar and roster here
and email firstname.lastname@example.org
if you can fill a vacant position.
6. Got some tri or related news to share in the E News? We'd love
to get your email with details.
PIC OF THE WEEK:
Hannah, Jac & Corinne following the Ironman
of Nations earlier today (photo: Corinne)