E NEWS 4 NOVEMBER 2016
We have thunderstorms predicted over the coming days so it's no surprise that our wet season Aquathlon / Splash N Dash events get started this weekend with the running of our popular 200m swim, 2km run x 2 format at the Waterfront.
You don't need your alarm clock (start time 6pm) and you can leave your bike at home, so how easy is that?
We know some of our members may not be up for the x 2, but don't be shy, form a team or just enter and let us know at check in that you are only doing 200/2.
1. Noosa Triathlon, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Rob Taylor 13th M30-34 2:12:05
Greg Bush 1st M60-64 2:19:58
Tim Wolf 47th M30-34 2:20:36
Saturday 7 November 2015
6pm (check in closes 5:45pm sharp)
200m swim, 2km run x 2
Entry now open here
As we have a 6pm start on Saturday, entry for this event will close at 8pm Friday evening. Why wait? Get your entry in for any of the next three events now using the above link.
Race Director: Roger Decurtins
Registration: Louise Lamb | Amy Declouett
Fruit | Ice: Russell Peacock
1. Torso must be covered during the run leg.
2. Being at the Waterfront, this event puts us in the public eye a little more than usual and we ask your assistance in making sure we leave the area rubbish free.
Saturday 7 November 2015
Our juniors are also having a swim/run event on at the Waterfront this Saturday.
Event details will be forwarded by email from our junior co-ordinator Mel Lind or you can contact her at
FOR SALE, WANTED ETC:
1. A number of new bargain & found items have been added to our DARWIN TRI - BUY | SWAP | SELL | WANTED Facebook page.
1. Have you completed the NT Sport & Active Recreation Master Plan Survey yet? Let them know what you would like to see! I'm dreaming big - wouldn't it be awesome if we had a designated triathlon centre with an open water swimming area, a cycle course that could be closed to traffic and varied terrain running tracks.
2. A number of our former members were in action at Noosa including Jason Cook 2:11:46; Emma Cook 2:42:00; Angelika Hannon 2:59:58; Bertram Birk 2:53:36; Julia Gaudin 2:54:15 and Stephen Tapsall 2:51:12
3. Speedy recovery wishes to Ron Griep who is sporting some multi-coloured road rash after a tumble at the weekend.
4. Yes, if you thought it looked like him, Ian Norton has been in town.
5. More info on Parap Pool redevelopment.
6. Hearing Blue Watt will be Ironman training through the UK winter.
7. Spotted: Jason Cook using Darwin as an Melbourne Cup excuse - view here
8. Did you or your team get a spot at the Lake Argyle Swim? Hearing Stu Fitch is doing the 20km solo!
9. Up for a challenge? Check out the Australian Alpine Ascent (3km swim, 130km ride, 30km run) 19-20 March 2016, 2 handlers & one support vehicle required.
10. Next Bali Ocean Swim - 3 July 2016
11. See you all Saturday evening. Don't forget there are plenty of dinner options available afterwards if you want to be social later.
PIC OF THE WEEK:
Lucky we don't need bikes this Saturday!