In response to member requests we introduced a new Super Sprint Series last
season and it proved to be hugely popular.
This weekend we kick off the season 2016 | 2017 version of the Series and
we also have a Come & Tri happening. This will enable those wishing
to "try a tri" to experience the swim, bike, run buzz and we hope
they will then join our club and take advantage of the many opportunities
to participate in the varied formats on our jam packed calendar.
We are sure you will again make our Come & Tri participants
very welcome on Sunday and encourage them out on course!
1. Ironman 70.3 World Championships, 1.9km swim,, 90km bike, 21km run
Race Director: Alan
Thyne | Rena
Fruit | Ice: John
1. Our RD Alan is carrying a shoulder injury so we ask our members to
please pitch in and help with set up and pack away tasks this weekend.
We know many of you already do that, but it would be great if you
could all check with Alan & see if he needs any extra help eg putting
the trailer away.
2. Roads are open for this event so please observe all road rules
including stopping if traffic lights are RED.
1. Our first junior event for 2016 | 2017 will take place at Lake
Alexander on Saturday
17 Sept 16 at 7:30am (register by 7:15am).
2. The format will be duathlon - run | bike | run
3. For the younger juniors (5-9 yrs) we will have some fun and games
practising transitions and some new equipment to test out, so some fun mini
courses will be set and then we will finish with a mini-duathlon.
4. The 10+ course set up will be 1km run | 6km bike | 500m run and
parents are welcome to nominate the distance their child does eg the bike
laps will be 1.5km loops so you may choose for your child to do 1, 2, 3 or
5. Although there is no swim, still be prepared for the kids to get a
6. If you haven't yet completed membership for your child for season
2016 | 2017 we encourage you to do so online here.
1. A big thank you to those members who did bike count on Super
Tuesday. So that we can keep track of invoices, please let us know if you
were one of the awesome counters who nominated Darwin Triathlon Club.
2. Hearing there were a number of our members among the medal winners
at the Swimming NT Open Water Swim championships including - 1.2km: Dan Holmes 2nd
Librio 1st F30+; 2.5km Kate Bell 1st F30+ and 5km Sue Gostynski
1st F30+. Well done!
3. We have Kimberlie
Baldwin and Jamie
Baldwin heading over to Cozumel, Mexico to compete in ITU
Age Group Sprint World Championships (their event - Thurs 15 September 16).
Jamie & Kim will be making tri history as it will be the first
time the distance has been draft legal for age group competitors. We
wish them both good luck in their respective categories. Wish them luck if
you see them before departure!
6. Feeling for Hannah
Johnston who was unable to compete at Ironman 70.3 World
C'ships after injuring her back lifting her bike out of the car for check
7. Sending our best wishes to former member Katie Kelly and her guide
Michellie Jones, who compete in the Rio Paralympics Triathlon on Sun 11
Sept 16. Go KK & MJ!
8. The men's triathlon at the Paralympics takes place on Saturday
10th. 9. Triathlon NT advise there will be a Level One Technical Officials
course in Alice Springs on Wed 12 Oct 16. This is the day before the Masters
Games Duathlon (Thurs 13 Oct) where newly
qualified TO's can complete their Field of Play assessments. Anyone
keen to attend and do the course please email email@example.com -
there may be some funding to assist with travel costs for those registering