it was very wet on Sunday, we still had close to 30 young participants
for our first junior event of 2016 at Lake Alexander - a swim, run - which
was able to go ahead between showers.
big thank you coordinator Melissa
Lind and all the helpers including Rena Walker,
Denise Dunn, Luke
Thompson and Tim
Ellison as well as all the mums and dads who braved the
torrential rain to bring their children down.
kids had a blast running around in the rain before they started and then
having their warm up in the water as it was warmer in there than outside in
the rain. Lots of fun!
We head into the first of our Off
Road Triathlons this weekend. The guys from Cycle
Zone are busy working on the off road course and, as always, it's bound to
be challenging but doable for all levels.
So get your off road wheels sorted and we will see you all at the weekend.
1. Challenge Melbourne, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run Tim Green
7th Elite M 4:08:42 Ali Fitch
Sunday 7 February 2016
Off Road Triathlon #1
7am (check in closes 6:45am)
Race Director: Aaron
Sanderson | Graeme
Fruit | Ice: Kylie Scholz
1. You are almost certain to get muddy so leave the snowy whites at
home for this one.
1. We heard the sad news this week of the passing of Barry Smart.
Our sympathy to Barry's family and friends.
2. Many of you will have heard about Clare Labowitch's scare getting
sweep away in Rapid Creek. We are so relieved that Clare is OK
and heading off this weekend for some running events.
3. Clare's recent experience is a timely warning to stay out of
pipes & drains and waterways particularly
during and following storms - always!
4. We have Phil
Porter & Rachel
McLean among those on the start list for Ironman 70.3
Geelong this weekend. Good luck!
5. Two new Ironman 70.3's announced for China. Hefei
(16 Oct 16) and Xiamen
(13 Nov 16). There are Kona 2017 slots up for grabs but read the fine
print on those.
6. No dates yet for Western Sydney or Mandurah 70.3s. Maybe on
the way out?? Watch this space.
7. Another goodbye last week, this time Rob Taylor and
his wife who are heading back over the ditch. Rob wanted me to pass
on this message:
"I want to say thank you to you and the club for the awesome events
the club put on and the great camaraderie the Darwin athletes have.
Its been a wonderful couple of years for us both up here and we'll
have to keep an eye out at future events for Darwin athletes."
2. FOR SALE: Limited club tri gear stock available: men's
medium tri suit $160; men's medium tri shorts $77; men's medium & large
tri top $66; ladies medium tri shorts $77; ladies medium tri top $66 please
PIC OF THE WEEK:
one from the recent Lorne swim. Imagine having ocean you can swim in!