E NEWS 17 Feb 2016
We have the second of our very popular Off Road Triathlons coming up this weekend and it's sure to be another challenging course for us to negotiate and it is likely to have a bit of brain gym involved.
See you all there, and word from the wise - probably best to leave the favourite lycra outfit at home for this one. Can be muddy!
Off Road Triathlon #2
Sunday 21 February 2016
7am (check in closes 6:45am)
300m swim, 15km mtb, 4km run
Online entry open here
Reminder: Early bird fee available until 8pm Friday but why wait and stress, get your entry in now.
Race Director: Luke Fronsko
Registration: Helen Stuart | Kathryn Fuller
Fruit | Ice: Fran Edis | Craig Garland
CLUB T SHIRTS:
1. We are wanting to clear our remaining stock of club T shirts and they will be for sale after the event on Sunday. Bring some $$$
2. There will be a lucky draw following the event - with, you guessed it - t shirt prizes (size and colour range limited).
1. As previously reported, Department of Sport & Recreation recently advised that our application for funding to assist with new trailer design and manufacture and purchasing of our new racks was successful. We are moving ahead with designs and hope to at least have the racks available for use for our Sprint Series.
2. Marking of our equipment is almost complete.
3. Anyone willing to assist in a shed clean up please email. If you are lucky you may get to meet the resident, rather large & rather messy possum!
4. A big thank you to Gayle Viney and Alan Barrett who have offered to help with our equipment. Anyone else?
5. Triathlon NT president James Geddes attended our committee meeting this week and gave an update on direction of triathlon in the Territory.
6. Our committee was represented by Tony Cox, Mel Lind, Gary Wall and Lisa Payne at the AIS presentation last night.
7. Fannie Bay Swim date has been set, as always, according to tide times. As it clashes with our scheduled Enduro event we are looking into our options for rescheduling that event. Watch this space.
8. Behind the scenes prep for our upcoming Sprint Series is taking place. Traffic management, sanctioning, entry etc all need to be completed by committee members.
9. We still have some vacancies on our event roster. Please check and advise if you are willing to assist. Race Directors need to be in place to enable events to go ahead. Plenty of assistance is available.
Clare Labowitch was a new race director recently gave some interesting feedback afterwards:
"The RD role appears quite intimidating but when you have the backup of Tony Cox, Robyn Stanley and Gary Wall as your wing men and then have mates to do those extra little things; (thanks Helen Stuart for starting the short course, marshalling to transition and recovering cones; thanks Vicki Woodrow for doing the lonely job of turn around official; thanks Julie Gallagher for assisting with the timing; and thanks to all those who just lent a hand where needed); then being RD is a pleasure and I encourage everyone to put their hand up for it at least once"
10. We also received some feedback on the move to provide healthy options for post race refreshments. Seems many of you enjoy the coconut water, some would like to see soda water options and still others are desperate for Coke to make a return to the esky.
1. Cable Beach Triathlon - 31 July 2016
2. Thanks Tim Wolf for the Dick Ward Drive glass alert on Facebook.
3. A number of our members participated in the recent cycle club team time trial event, and tri names popped up in the winning teams for all categories!
4. Next junior event is scheduled for 28 Feb 16 - a ride | run format at the velodrome. One for the calendar.
PIC OF THE WEEK:
Flashback to Feb 2011 after Cyclone Carlos when we
could have had a triathlon at the velodrome
Photo: Robyn Stanley
Darwin Triathlon Club