As we head into Sprint #2 this weekend, we have an urgent call
out for a willing volunteer to act as Race Director on the day.
The paperwork is all done, we can promise lots of assistance and will even
cover the race brief if it's not your thing! Please get in touch if
you are willing & able to help out.
As always with our more popular events, we require some extra hands to man
the drinks stop and to do some marshalling around transition. If
you can help with we would also love to hear from
group of juniors were in action at the velodrome at the weekend in the
second of their Ride | Run events. The youngsters were set a new
reverse direction course that challenged their skills to the max!
A big thank you to
our junior co-ordinator Melissa Lind and helpers Luke
Hanson, Leanne Abel, Denise Dunn, Rena Walker,
Anthony Lind, Jamie Baldwin, Lucy Thompson and all who
assisted with the juniors on the day, the smiles would have told you your
efforts were appreciated by all the participants.
1. Victor Harbour
Triathlon (SA Standard C'ships) 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
11th MOpen 2:10:19
2. BCU Coffs Harbour Triathlon, NSW, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Lisa Payne 18th
Sunday 20 March
7am (check in closes 6:45am sharp)
750m swim, 26km bike, 5km run - members only Short #2
300m swim, 13km bike, 3km run - members only Come & Tri
- 300m swim, 13km bike, 3km run - non members (sorry, due to popular demand
entry for Come & Tri slots has now sold out)
Race Director: Important - Volunteer required
Labowitch | Moira
Fruit | Ice: Heath Porter
1. We have club tshirt prizes for the 15th & 25th entry received
for our Sprint #2 and for our 10th entry in Short #2.
2. Come & Tri-iers look for an email with event info ahead of the
1. Work is starting on our 2016-2017 Calendar of Events.
2. We are seeking a couple of members to assist with the task of
producing the calendar. If you would be interested in a position on
the Calendar subcommittee please email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The committee would also like to hear your ideas/suggestions for
formats, venues and/or extra activities to be added to the calendar.
4. Would you like midweek activities? Single discipline events?
Off road? Swim, run? Pool or open water? We would appreciate
your input. It's your club and your feedback is appreciated.
5. As a start to further recognising the efforts of our amazing
volunteers, we will be introducing a volunteer draw at each event.
The draw will be from those on roster duty for the event (RD,
Registration & Fruit | Ice).
6. We will also have a lucky draw on the completion of our events.
The committee would like to see more of our members stay until the
last competitor has crossed the line and those that do stay will be
eligible to win one of three prizes on offer.
Mudgway Memorial Club Championships date confirmation -
Saturday 21 May 2016, 4:30pm Lake Bennett Resort. Book your rooms
& camping spots now. Let them know you are with Darwin Triathlon
1. Hearing Bernadette White
has a spot for this year's New York Marathon.
2. Our members continue to train
through all conditions, all year, and know a thing or two about Territory
toughness so I'm sure we all appreciate the effort it would have taken
Craig Percival to complete his #8in8in8 (8 ironmans, 8 days, 8 states)
earlier this week.
3. Shout out to our treasurer Lisa
Payne who completed her first standard distance event last
Lewis, KarenLewis and Tori Sherrock
now recovering from their Tassie Trails adventures.
5. Some notables in the Mooloolaba Triathlon results: Jason
Cook 8th M35-39 2:13:75; Kyle Hanna 23rd M35-39 2:25:32; Clint Doolan 59th
M30-34 2:36:37; Emma Cook 2:39:52