Race 1 of the annual Duathlon Series got off to an unusual (for this wet
season) damp start. We welcomed a number of new members to
their first event and had plenty of supporters on hand to encourage
competitors. Well done to all participants some of whom backed up from
the cross country the night before.
A big thank you to those on event roster - Race Director John Thyne,
our registration volunteers Rena
Walker & Angela
Librio and Vicki
Woodrow who took care of fruit & ice. Thanks also to
those who helped with our water station and with set up and packing away,
your assistance was much appreciated.
Our next event is one of the most popular on our calendar - the Enduro
format is back - 200m swim, 5km bike, 2km run x 3, which will
test the brain as well as the body.
1. With another long weekend this weekend and a myriad of activities
taking place, we are seeking expressions of interest from juniors who are
intending to participate in the junior event scheduled for Sunday
3. Depending on numbers, a decision will then be made on whether
the event will go ahead. Watch for email and Facebook
1. Thanks to John
Thyne who recently took our timing boxes to WA & back
for a much needed service.
2. Competitors at the duathlon will have noticed that our new racks
have now been shortened. Thanks to the HPA crew
who did a great job.
3. Also on racks, we would also like to thank Cycle Zone
Darwin& Nic French
for their input and help in sourcing a local supplier and refining our
rack design requirements. We are already noticing the difference
the new light weight design makes to towing the old trailer and also to
the willingness of people to assist with racking.
4. New trailer design is progressing. Watch this space.
5. Committee voted to amend our Age Group Triathlete of the Year
Pointscore Policy from 1 July 2016 when we will change from 10 to 5 year
5. Congrats Bec
Ellison - 2016 Young Achiever Award winner - Health &
6. Don't forget to book your campsite or accommodation at Lake
Bennett Resort for our Kerran Mudgway Memorial
Club Championships, 4:30pm Sat 21 May 16. Mention you are booking
with Darwin Triathlon Club. We are looking into post race catering
options - any ideas, let us know.
7. Good luck to our members taking part in the Anzac Day swim on
8. Reminder we have a discount code current for those wishing to
join now to be able to participate in the remainder of our 2015|2016
events. Add DTC16
to receive $40 off your membership current to 30 June 16.
9. Stork report - congrats to new dad Jerome Bosmans on arrival of
10. Congrats to our members who took out their respective
categories at DRW & Intersport Cross Country - Naomi Havens
1st Open F 5km 25:00; Emma
Winterflood 1st Vet F 5km 28:45; Robbie Weatherald
1st Vet M 5km 21:44 and
Fran Edis 1st Vet F 10km 56:11.