Great to see such
a good roll up for Super Sprint #2 at the weekend & we were excited to
have equal numbers of male & female participants. Pat on the
back DTC, that's something few sports/clubs can announce.
It was also good news that we welcomed a number of new members to our event
& were able to share in their enthusiasm for our sport. Well done all
Our one armed RD Allan
Barrett was back for the second time in as many weeks and
again made sure all bases were covered for our event. Thanks Allan!
Thanks also go to our rostered rego team of Kate Bell & LeanaWatermeyer, Leanne Fidler
for covering our post race refreshments and to everyone who just jumped in
to help on the day.
Sunday 9 October 2016
Super Sprint #3 - Handicap
4. Nostalgic time for many with the closing of Parap Pool for
redevelopment. Who remembers our Aquathlons, triathlons there and
this one from the Arafura Games in 2011?:
5. Updated Pointscore
has been posted. Apologies for the delay.
6. Our Kona bound members have or are taking off for the Big Island
at various times this week. Safe travels Jac Crofton, Sarah Collins,
7. BoM forecaster Billy
Lynch sat out Typhoon Megi in a hotel in Taipei.
8. Typhoon Megi allowing, we have pro athletes Stef Puszka
& Ali Fitch
on the start list for Ironman Taiwan this weekend. Good luck!
9. Waterfront Lagoon closed due to stingers but there is free
swimming in the wave pool. Info here.
10. Entering an Ironman or 70.3 sometime soon? Darwin Triathlon
Club is registered with the Ironman
TriClub Program so register & add us to your
11. If you have not yet joined Darwin Triathlon Club for season
2016-2017 don't worry we still have a shed load of events coming up.
You can find joining info and/or sign up here.
12. We are appealing to all members to make sure they don't draft
during the bike leg at our events. So how about you all refresh your
knowledge and view the Race
Competition Rules (Pages 9-11 covers bike course
conduct) before our next event.
Pic of the Week:
Getting aero on the rental bike during Super Sprint #2
Photo: Robyn Stanley