What a great
turnout at the Waterfront on Saturday evening for the first of our wet
season Aquathlons. It's a popular course and reflected in the
A big welcome back to those who came out of the woodwork for this - catch
up time all round!
Again we had Alan
Barrett as RD and we offer Al a huge thank you (always a
willing volunteer, he has also been using time out for injury to give back
to the club in the RD role and we really appreciate his contribution. We
are however hoping to see him back on the otherside of the fence, ie on a
start line soon).
Thanks also to rego wizards Kim
Baldwin & Kerri
Thomas and super shopper Jamie Baldwin who took care of
our yummy post race refreshments (and ice).
To those who just pitched in to help where needed, we are also grateful for
your help. Our events are amazing because of our fantastic volunteer
culture & we thank you!
1 Aquathlon #1, 200m swim, 2km run X 2
Fronsko 23:27 Female: Rachel McLean
1. We have had more members wanting to buy our custom tri gear so we
have set up a quick turnaround order & have again made items available
with subsidy ie at less than cost price.
2. An email was sent earlier to those who had expressed interest and
we already have enough orders to proceed.
3. You can order tri suits, tri tops and club run tees (limited
sizes, numbers in the run tees, not to be confused with our club cotton
tees) this time and the turnaround from order to delivery will be short.
4. Closing order off at 8pm this evening so it can be collated
tonight and lodged first thing tomorrow.
6. We rarely have spares, so don't miss this opportunity. Next
order won't be until mid/late 2017.
7. We do however have 1 x men's Medium sleeved tri
suit ($165) available. The sleeved version isn't included in this
current order, so if you were after one in that size, email now.
Club Cotton Tshirts:
1. Are a big hit!
2. Cheap and cheerful, our club cotton tees are marching out the
door. They are $15 each or 3 for $40. Kids sizes are $10.
3. If you wish to order and pick up at our next event, please email email@example.com size/s and we will let you know colour choices still
4. Want earlier, also let us know and we will talk pick up options.
5. ICYMI in the last E News the size chart (refers to actual shirt half
chest measurement, not body size).
1. Former members also in action at IM Malaysia - Jason Cook
11:45:84; Emma Cook 12:42:29; Ashan Weerakkody 9:41:55 (Kona qualifier).
2. Committee is hoping to take delivery of our new fitted out
equipment trailer this weekend.
3. Our old trailer will then be rewired and be placed up for sale.
Watch this space.
4. We may have another working bee at the shed this weekend.
Check our Facebook
Page for confirmation.
5. Winners of our club T shirts for 45th & 55th entries in
Aquathlon #1 - Tony
Cox and Geoff
6. Good news! We have secured Nightcliff Pool for our
ConocoPhillips Xmas Splash N Dash (combined junior/adult event). Date
saver: Saturday 10 December 16 5:30pm followed by sponsored BBQ and
7. With 2017 fast approaching we are now seeking to fill our required
roster slots for next year's upcoming events. Please check the
calendar & rosters here
and email firstname.lastname@example.org
if you can fill any of the vacant positions. We need those key
positions filled to go ahead with event.
8. Doing IM WA or IM 70.3 Busso in a few weeks (or any other events)
we would love a heads up. Don't forget to add Darwin Triathlon Club
as your club as we are a registered IM Tri Club.