Hope you have had
or are still enjoying your long weekend!
Looking ahead, we have our Kerran
Mudgway Memorial Club C'ships taking place this weekend.
Given that it's "down the track" a bit and a Saturday arvo event,
we would like to encourage you all to get your entries in early (this
evening would be great) so that we can work out the various logistics of
getting enough gear down there.
We are also looking for a couple more volunteers, so if you can help out on
the day at the bike or run turnaround, or in transition, we would love to
hear from you.
Masters Games Triathlon, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run Jo Duncan
7th F55-59 2:53:58'
2. Puffing Billy Great Train Race, 13.5km Rosie Sullivan
1:17:29 Louise Ogden
Kerran Mudgway Memorial Club Championships
Lake Bennett Resort
Saturday 6 May 2017
4:30pm (check in closes 4:15pm sharp)
1km swim | 30km bike | 8km run
short option 500m swim | 15km bike | 4km run
Race Director: Lisa
Sanderson | Clare
Fruit | Ice: Tatiane Kelly
1. If you are driving down on the day and not staying at the Resort
please drive past the gates and park off road on the right hand side.
Please do not park on either side of the road before the resort gates
as this is part of the bike course.
2. Remember to bring snacks, water etc. The bore water used
down there is not the tastiest. We transport water down for use on aid
stations. Please ensure you bring enough water to fill your water
bottles for the bike leg. There is a small koisk shop at the resort
with limited stock.
3. If you are wanting to eat at the Resort after the event, suggest
you make a table booking on 8976 0960.
4. Please note all Lake users other than competitors, are now
required to wear life jackets. There is also a $5 insurance fee
charged for Lake use. Those staying at the Resort have this covered
in their accommodation, and we will be providing a list of our competitors
and covering this on their behalf. Any other day users will need to
attend Reception and organise this individually.
5. There are various accommodation options (including camping, dorm,
and resort rooms) available at Lake Bennett
Resort if you are wanting to stay down and enjoy
6. We still
require assistance at this, the major club event of the year. If you
are bringing anyone down who can help out please email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. We've recently had Ron Griep and John Cowie
turn in their timing chips. Both are heading off for further life
adventures and we wish them well and thank them for their willingness to
volunteer to assist the club. Thanks Guys!
2. Among those heading off to WA for Ironman 70.3 Busselton are Leanne Fidler,
Bland and Jamie
Baldwin is on the start list as well. Good luck!
3. And heading in the opposite direction to Port Macquarie for Ironman
Australia next weekend we have Kerri
Thomas and Matt
Bishop. Good luck!
4. Good luck & smooth water wishes also to those heading to
WA for the Lake Argyle Swim.
5. The lucky winner of our free entry to Ironman 70.3 Cairns - Moira Wigley
6. Do remember to set up an Ironman profile and add Darwin Triathlon
Club as your club, as we get kickbacks from the program eg. a free entry
and these are set to increase! As these get passed back to our
members in is in your interests that we encourage you to do this.
7. The Waterfront Lagoon has reopened.
8. Entry for Australian Masters Athletics on the June long weekend
9. It's officially Dry Season today. That also means increased
traffic on our roads, so do take care out there and dress to be seen
if you are riding or running early morning or late arvo.
10. Noticed Elliott
Bolitho among those who set a PB at Parkrun last Saturday.
The cooler mornings have been most welcome by all out training.
11. NT Standard Distance (28 May 17) entry is now open here.
12. Reminder that new members signing up now are able to compete this
Saturday &/or at the NT Standard Distance (or either of the short
options available) and membership will be valid until 30 June 2018.
Sign up online here,
choose "Club Membership" option and "Darwin Triathlon
Club" at the appropriate point in the process.
PIC OF THE WEEK:
Our tri kids are always
willing helpers, but we do need a few more adults
for this weekend. Email email@example.com
if you (your partner or your mates) can help.
Race Director: Lisa
Sanderson | Clare
Post Race Refreshments: Volunteer required.
HELP - WE NEED YOU
1. Our Lake Bennett event requires a number of volunteers.
2. If you, your partner or friends would be willing to help support
athletes taking part in our club championships by covering any of the
following roles please email firstname.lastname@example.org
refreshments (we can source ice at location, so just need
someone to shop for and bring down our fruit etc.
marshalls - preferably two so you can stagger & you are
welcome to give as much cheek/encouragement as you like to our competitors,
play loud music etc but you are there to basically alert them to any
traffic coming behind or ahead.
marshalls - to ensure all athletes turn at the correct spot
& being out on the far reaches of the run course, to be a source of
encouragement for athletes.
supervisor - adult to take charge, must be able to kid
wrangle as we have lots of willing little helpers.
Guard, mount & dismount marshalls - to protect those
valuable bikes, and ensure competitors mount and dismount in the correct
places, with their torsos covered and helmets on! We see this as a
- anyone willing and able to tow our new trailer to Lake Bennett? It
will be all wrapped in it's new colours by then.
1. We welcomed a number of new faces after the Kids Tri.
2. The juniors enjoyed doing a different style of event, riding and
running off road. They finished up with a fun running relay in and
out of the water. Then the temptation of Lake Alexander proved too
great, so everyone jumped in for a swim and a cool off.
3. A big thank you to the parents that pitched in and helped when Lyn wasn't
able to come.
FREE ENTRY TO IRONMAN 70.3 CAIRNS
1. Ironman has advised that due the number of our athletes who have
registered for Ironman 70.3 Cairns and selected Darwin Triathlon Club as
their club, that we now have one FREE
2. This is for Ironman 70.3 Cairns, on Sunday 11 June 2017.
3. If you
wish to be in the draw for this free entry please complete the form here by
midday this Friday.
4. We are a
registered Ironman Tri
Club and adding DTC to your Ironman or 70.3
entry benefits our members and we encourage you all to do so. If you
haven't added DTC and are entered for Cairns, stop by the TriClub Info
Booth there and get yourself added.
1. Congrats Robbie
Gallagher & Fran
Edis, winners of their respective categories at DWR Cross
Country C'ships at the weekend.
2. Congrats Emma
Winterflood, in the winning women's team at DORC Pairs
3. Custom club tri gear order update - just waiting for tri shorts to
arrive - trisuits, tops to hand. As soon as order is complete,
collection option email will be forwarded.
1. Want to do our
Kerran Mudgway Memorial Club C'ships (6 May 17), the NT Olympic Distance
(28 May 17) or the short options at those events, but aren't yet a member?
news, membership for new members joining now, will be valid until 30 June
3. When signing up, please selection "Club Membership" and
where appropriate "Darwin Triathlon Club" as your club and you
will be eligible to participate at our remaining 2016 | 2017 events and all
our 2017 | 2018 events and receive all the benefits of TA & Club