This is a quick read E News to keep you up to date between our
1. We'd like to welcome all our new members and hope to see you at our next
2. Our committee is busy planning the Darwin Triathlon Club TriFest
(see announcement below) and we are now seeking an enthusiastic Race
Director and volunteers to assist at this event. Email email@example.com
if you can help out.
3. Our policies are currently being updated for our new season and
will be posted to website shortly.
1. We'll be celebrating our achievements for the past year and
presenting awards to all our winners! You are likely on the list.
2. This is our first social event of the new season and follows the
first of our Duathlon Series events. Not up to competing, we'd still love
to see you there for our BBQ. We'll have lucky draws as well as
3. Watch this space for details, but in the mean time, keep the date
1. Congratulations to Helen & Paul Bell on the birth of their
second child, a daughter, Olivia.
2. Congrats to our members who participated in the 5km & 10km
Road Run C'ships at the weekend. Results
3. Well done to all our members who braved the crocs and swam the
Fannie Bay Swim classic.
4. Best placed at Fannie Bay Swim 2.1km - Male: Luke Fronsko
(7th) Female: Rachel
5. Seems we have members swanning about all over the world and
posting photos guaranteed to make you want to join them.
6. Our Long Course Festival details just about finalised.
Encourage your tri visitors to bring their bikes if they will be here
27 August 2017.
7. Spotted Ron
Griep back for a short work related visit.
8. New bike needed ?? Check out your local bike shop, it's Sale
If you weren't at
our Off Road Duathlon on Sunday you missed a great event at a pretty
spectacular location. Running along the coast as the sun rose over the
horizon was a very special moment and the mtb course was given the thumbs
A huge thank you to Tony
Cox and Malcolm
Neville for their time and effort getting this new event up
and running and their course setting efforts. The feed back was all
positive and the collective call was to "bring it on" again ...
Thanks also to those who helped out including: Luke Fronsko
who did RD duties; Graeme
Parsons and Felicity
Molan for their assistance at check in; Vicki Woodrow
who covered our post race refreshments; Kevin Wells who guarded the track
to ensure safety of riders and also to those who jumped in to help with our
water stop and with packing up. We would be lost without your
willingness to help out, thanks again.
Looking for new experiences? Watch
this space for details of the new options available at our Long Course event
scheduled for 27 August 2017. As well as the traditional 2km swim,
60km bike, 16km run, we are including lots of different formats (many for
the first time in the Territory) and there will be something for everyone
including non members! Mark your calendars.
1. Off Road Duathlon, 6km run, 24km mtb bike, 3km run
King 1:33:02 Female: Rachel McLean
2. Off Road Duathlon, 3km run, 12km mtb bike, 1.5km run