Monday, 8 June 2009
I know, I know .... more comebacks than Philippoussis and all that.
Seems many of you were getting the jitters without your dose of E News for the last 8 weeks or so and my arm was getting pretty sore from all the twisting, not to mention bribe offers, flattery etc etc so E News is returning .... albeit when time permits.
During the break, communication with members has been revamped, so as well as E News, our President &/or Secretary are now able to communicate directly with you.
The Teams Event on Sunday was a hoot. We had a fantastic roll up, some great team costumes and lots of fun. A big thank you to Race Director Paul Bell and to all those many wonderful volunteers who assisted with the event.
1. Teams Event, Lake Alexander - 300m swim, 5km bike, 1.2 km run
1 Team Tony Cox, Brian Gallagher, Rob Weatherald 1 hr 04 mins 55 secs; 2 Team Lauren Stephenson, Kyle Gear, Shaye Hatty 1.06.05; 3 Team John Thyne, David Croser, Ron Griep 1.06.07; 4 Team Paul Sheffield, Paul Tilbrook, David Crane 1.07.13; 5 Team Mick Outhred, Rachel De Zoete, Rob Brooks 1.07.27; 6 Team Roland Edwards, Korgan Hucent, Vincent Gilly 1.07.58; 7 Team Alison Croser, Aaron Caden, Emma Winterflood 1.10.02; 8 Team Chad Anderson, Nic French, Jac Crofton 1.10.42; 9 Team Daryl Stanley, Michelle Gailey, Robyn Stanley 1.12.34; 10 Team Jodie McLeod, Dave McLeod, Col Smith 1.12.54; 11 Team Phil Hatty, Monica Stewart, James Geddes 1.13.18; 12 Team Jason Jones, Matt Bates, Barry Sullivan 1.13.46; 13 Team Jane Marie Kerslake, Pete Svara, Lisa Quinell 1.15.49; 14 Team Simone Griffiths, Phil Blumberg 1.19.17; 15 Team Belinda Birk, Jane De Gault, Bertram Birk 1.24.51; 16 Team Rose Stephens, Karen Lewis, Peter Stephens 1.27.20; 17 Team Lachlan Hatty, Will Birk 1.28.35; 18 Team Charlie Birk, Bella Hatty, Connor McLeod 1.33.03
2. Hawaii 70.3 - 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Craig Alexander 4.02.16 Female: Belinda Granger 4.33.16
3. City to Surf - 12.3km
Male: Peter Eason 41.10 Female: Lucie Hardiman 49.37
Full results: http://www.ntcity2surf.org.au/
4. Mini Surfer - 4km
Male: Edward Bourchier 13.33 Female: Hollie Goodall 16.33
Sunday 21 June 09
Sprint Series Race 1
Lake Alexander (note change of venue)
Race Director: Barry Sullivan
Registration: Barry Smart / Duncan Tomlinson
Time Keepers: Beccy Thyne / Leigh Milne
Fruit / Ice: Pete Brady
NT LONG COURSE TRIATHLON CHAMPIONSHIPS:
Sunday 16 August 2009
2km swim, 60km bike, 16km run
Lakes Resort, Berry Springs
Event information will be posted to www.triathlonnt.com.au
The 2009/2010 Calendar is just about to hit the streets. A lot of thought & hours of work have been invested by your committee (the majority by President John Thyne and Mick Outhred - a big thank you to them) to bring you a bumper season of events & distances with lots of variety to suit all levels.
What we need now are lots of willing volunteers to fill the spaces for Race Directors, Timekeepers, Registration, Fruit/Ice etc at those events. If everyone does at least one roster position on the calendar the load will be lifted from those dedicated people who we see, week after week, putting in on your behalf.
Please make sure you respond to the call for volunteers when it is distributed shortly. Should any vacancies remain, member's names will be allocated, so get in early and pick something that suits.
Thanks to those who have already put their hand up & their name down.
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. FOR SALE: Cervelo P2 DuraAce 2009. Size 51 (small). Ridden 4 X only, 147 km! ie current model, shiny, as new. $5000 (RRP $5699).
Contact: David on 0418 807 997
2. FOR SALE: 2008 Dura-Ace Cervelo P3C -Size 51 (small, I'm 169cm); Price with 404 Zipps: $7500 - replacement cost $10000; Price without Zipps: $6000 - replacement cost $7299; Bike brand new April 2008, not ridden since November 2008. 2956km Excellent condition suit new buyer. Contact: Matt on 0400 284 230
3. WANTED KUC TEAM: Is anyone needing a paddler or a mountain biker for the Katherine Ultra Challenge? I've been paddling and mountain biking competitively for a number of years. Contact: Graham 0418 292 951
4. WANTED KUC TEAM: If you are looking for a swimmer for your Katherine Ultra Challenge team please contact Jess 8920 6156
1. Good to see Chad Anderson back competing again. Arm not completely right, but on track for complete recovery.
2. Amanda Donohoe is another also on the comeback trail following her broken arm.
3. Susan Peter is out running (her words "hobbling") again. That's good news after her rather serious run in with a car some months ago.
4. Rowena Eastick was back in Darwin for a few days and managed to fit in the City to Surf while she was here.
5. Tony West and Anthony Beven also fitted City to Surf in with their latest brief returns to Darwin.
6. Newly weds Nikki Roddie and Ian Norton are back from Bali and back to earth. Congratulations to the happy couple.
7. Triathlon NT website has been revamped. Check www.triathlonnt.com.au for NT Long Course Triathlon information updates.
8. The final teams for ITU World Championships have been announced. Monica Stewart and Chad Anderson will be our representatives for Olympic Distance (1.5/40/10) on the Gold Coast in Sept. Mick Outhred, Jodie McLeod, Craig Garland, Michelle Gailey, Daryl Stanley and David McLeod will be for Perth in October for Long Distance (3/80/20). Congratulations all.
9. Online entry for Noosa Triathlon is open and filling fast. See www.usmevents.com.au
10. Online entry for 2009 OSIM Singapore International Triathlon (1-2 August) is also open. See www.triathlon.sg for further details.
Darwin Triathlon Club
Club website: www.members.iinet.net.au/~darwintriclub
Facebook Group: Darwin Triathlon Club
Facebook Event: 2009 NT Long Course Triathlon