Happy New Year to you all. We hope you had a relaxing festive season and are now looking forward to kicking off your triathlon New Year with Race 1 of our Aquathlon Series on Saturday.
We had (and still have) members all over the globe, and a number have participated in a variety of events. Well done all, great to see such enthusiasm. Don’t forget to send us a quick email of your results, or at least alert us to what/where you are competing.
Word is that many of you have signed up for a variety of events in 2013 including Ironman Cairns, Ironman 70.3 Cairns & Busso, Ironman Melbourne and Geelong (long course & Olympic) as well as Australian Sprint & OD Champs and various overseas events.
We also have a full calendar of club events listed for those who prefer to stick closer to home. All adds up to another fantastic year of triathlon.
1. Albany Half Ironman, WA, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Guy Crawford 4.06.08 Female: Kate Bevilaqua 4.33.03
Derek Cross 2nd M30-34 4.26.58
2. SA Aquathlon C’ships (Sam White Memorial), 250/1.7 x 3
Male: Matt White 35.28 Female: Lisa Tregenza 41.30
Rob Weatherald 1st M50-54 37.31
3. Rotorua Half Ironman, NZ, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Josh Harrison 4.19.51 Female: Anna Ross 4.39.40
Stef Puszka 4th Overall F 4.58.06
Saturday 19 January 2013
Race 1 Aquathlon Series
6pm (registration closes 5.45pm)
400m swim, 3km run
Race Director: Daryl Stanley
Registration: Robyn Stanley / Jacqui Brown
Timekeeping: Tass Liveris / Jacqui Brown
Fruit/Ice: Anna Goat
1. Nightcliff Pool will be closed at 5pm and cleared prior to our event. If you wish to have an earlier warm up swim you can pay to enter pool but will have to leave when requested.
2. Members should enter via back gate.
3. Please have your membership card or proof of membership with you and it does assist with registration if you can have correct money ready ($5)
4. Also makes for easier banking if you can try and have a $5 note rather than change.
5. Torsos must be covered during the run leg (for the guys that’s a tri singlet, tshirt or similar)
6. No iPods
7. No glass or bottles allowed in pool area.
1. We still require some volunteers for our upcoming events.
2. Please check here to see if you are on our 2012/2013 roster.
3. If you can assist by filling any of those positions which still require filling we would love to hear from you.
1. For the athlete trackers among us, we have Carolyn Barry and Stu Fitch in action this weekend at Ironman 70.3 Auckland. Good luck to both.
2. Date claimer: Cancer Council Relay for Life, 6pm Fri 27 – 10.30am Sat 28 September, 2013 Gardens Oval. Further info here.
3. Once again we welcome a number of new members to our club. If you are doing your first event with us on Saturday evening, don’t be shy … we are a friendly bunch. Need help, just ask and our members will be happy to give you a heads up on how things work.
4. Our club events are so successful due to the fantastic volunteer culture we have within our ranks. Many hands certainly make light work. You can assist on Saturday evening by noting where transition is located and keeping your gear in the designated area; by completing body marking (clear block print numbers go down arms on both sides) on a few people before handing the pen to someone else; by not distracting the timekeepers (they have a job to do and any interruptions can mean results may not be recorded) or something as simple as putting rubbish in bins provided and/or helping to collect witch’s hats. You contribution, however small, will be greatly appreciated.
5. Good luck to Monica Stewart who is competing in Melbourne this weekend.
Darwin Triathlon Club