A quick catch up E News this week.
The dry season is definitely here and with it comes a very hectic time of year. So many events take place over the next weeks it’s hard to even know where to start. You can find details of some of those tri related activities below.
Don’t forget that entry for our Duathlon on Sunday closes tomorrow (Friday) at midday. With the brrr factor kicking in, duathlon just the right format for this time of year!
Sunday’s duathlon is also the final event on our 2013/2014 event calendar and race two of our annual duathlon series. See you there!
1. Ironman Cairns, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Cameron Brown 8:20:15 Female: Liz Blatchford 9:16:58
Marcus Lisle 8th M35-39 9:28:04
Sinon Cooney 116th M30-34 14:20:03
Grant Preddy DNF
2. Ironman 70.3 Cairns, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Brad Kahlefeldt 3:50:54 Female: Candice Hammond 4:24:03
Tim Green 14th ProM 4:23:04
Nic French 28th M30-34 4:58:37
Jac Crofton 6th F35-39 5:05:54
Cath Hood 33rd F30-34 5:36:32
Scott Hanrahan 76th M40-44 5:37:03
Corinne Fabian 2nd F55-59 5:44:07
Emily Heames 28th F25-29 5:45:49
Helen Bretten 21st F45-49 6:27:08
Mark Hearden 53rd M50-54 6:29:26
3. Escape from Alcatraz, 2.4km swim, 29km bike, 12.8km run
Male: Andy Potts 2:04:21 Female: Sarah Haskins 2:17:42
Glen Scholz 58th M35-39 2:56:08
Kylie Gaffel 26th F30-34 3:06:45
4. Ironman 70.3 Hawaii, 1.9km swim,90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Brent McMahon 3:59:35 Female: Angela Naeth 4:30:53
Josh Mark 43rd M35-39 5:40:35
Tara Worby 8th F45-49 5:41:41
Paul Tilbrook 59th M45-49 5:59:04
Daryl Stanley 4th M65-59 6:25:45
Phil Blumberg 18th 60-64 6:39:29
Jo Ellis 30th F30-34 6:47:54
Robyn Stanley 8th F60-64 7:07:24
Sunday 15 June 2014
Casuarina Beach (near Surf Club)
7am (check in closes 6.45am)
3.5km run | 15km bike | 2 km run
Online entry now open here (entry closes midday tomorrow - Friday)
Race Director: Barry Sullivan
Registration: Stu Fitch | Ali Fitch
Fruit | Ice: Alex Wetten
1. Can you help? We need two more volunteers for this event, one bike course marshall and one run course marshall. Contact Barry 8932 6569
2. A big thank you to the guys from Blue Cycles who will be on hand to assist should you require race morning assistance.
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC
1. FOUND: In Sunset Cove area Giant Trance XO MTB. Good, well used condition. If this belongs to you or someone you know. Contact Scott 0400 162 339
2. FOR SALE: Zipp disk wheel (flat) $1000; Zipp 808 front $600; Zipp 404 set $1000 Contact Brett 0411 550 401
3. FOR SALE: Rear DT Swiss R450 with CycleOps power tap $700 Contact Brett 0411 550 401
4. FOR SALE: Giant Trinity Pro TT Medium (suit 175-185cm) Dura-Ace with Easton Circuit wheels $2000 Contact Brett 0411 550 401
5. FOR SALE: Giant TCRC1 Roadie Medium (suit 175-185cm) Ultegra with Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels $800; Contact Brett 0411 550 401
6. FOR SALE: Giant OCR3 43cm kids roadie $400 Contact Brett 0411 550 401
7. Items for next E News by 8pm Sunday please.
1. The first event of Swimming NT’s Open Water Series takes place on Saturday.
2. Darwin Half Marathon (20 July) information here.
3. Santos Top End Gran Fondo (10 August) entry open here.
4. Darwin Long Course (16 August) is getting closer. Are you in?
5. Good luck Katie Kelly who is in the Arctic city of Tromsø for the Midnight Sun Marathon this weekend.
Darwin Triathlon Club