All information for Saturday’s Darwin Long Course Triathlon can be found here.
We wish those taking part a tail wind on the Blue Cycles NT bike course and a personal best time!
1. Gran Fondo, 122kms
Members with top 10 times in red:
Male: 1 Adam Hartley 3:03:45; 9 Brett Verity 3:12:14
Female: 1 Catherine Hasted 3:48:04; 3 Corinne Fabian 4:04:39; 4 Kylie Gaffel 4:06:38; 9 Sara Martin 4:14:49
1. Darwin Triathlon Club Annual General Meeting will take place prior to our duathlon on 7 September 2014.
2. All positions will be declared vacant. Interested in giving back to the club by taking a committee position? Please email here.
3. We would love to hear from you - particularly if you would like to assist with equipment, events, juniors or see yourself as our next President or Vice President. Give it some thought before our AGM.
Sunday 7 September 2014
Near Casuarina Surf Club
5km run, 20km bike, 2.5km run
Race Director: John Thyne
Registration: Brendan Sullivan | Dan Holmes
Fruit | Ice: Gary Wall
Online entry now open here.
1. You now will need your 2014/2015 membership number and also your chip number when entering. New members will be allocated chips at registration.
2. Entry closes midday Friday 5 Sept 2014
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC:
1. FOR SALE: Jaggad Women’s cycling jersey, XL, $25, brand new, with tags. Bought wrong size (was on sale). Contact Emily 0451 094 965
2. FOR SALE: Pull buoy, new in plastic wrapper. $15 (RRP $30). Contact Emily 0451 094 965
1. If you are competing this weekend, do read the comprehensive Athlete Information booklet prepared by Triathlon NT.
2. The revamped, longer distance Darwin Long Course (incorporating the NT Long Course C’ships) is breaking new ground - so all those competing are making tri history!
3. Tri Trivia: 2013 NT Long Course champions - Tim Green and Stef Puszka.
4. Tri Trivia: Michelle Gailey, Ali Fitch and Stef Puszka are all two time NT Long Course winners.
5. Tri Trivia: Tim Ellison is a four time winner 1992, 2003, 2008, 2009 & Tom Tindal won three – 1993, 1994 & 1995.
6. Tri Trivia: Charlotte McShane (current U23 ITU World Champion), who won the NT Long Course in 2009, will be representing Australia at Elite level at the World Triathlon Championships Grand Final in Edmonton.
7. Have a great weekend, whether you are competing, volunteering or supporting!
8. E News will be having a little break, until after the AGM. Please check the website and Facebook for updates until then.
Darwin Triathlon Club