A big thank you to those who have already responded to our call for volunteers for our new calendar of events.
We do still have a number of blank spots which need to be filled. Our club has thrived with a wonderful culture of volunteering, so I’m sure some of you yet to put your name down just haven’t had five minutes to respond.
Take a look at our calendar here, and check out the blank spots. Each event needs a volunteer Race Director, 2 x Registration helpers, 2 x Timekeepers and a person to organise fruit/ice.
At this stage we would like to concentrate on events between now and December. Please email your referred dates to email@example.com and include the duty you are volunteering for. List a couple of preferences in case more than one of you volunteers for the same thing.
I can hear the Inbox filling now J
1. Bali International Triathlon, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: Stephane Vander Bruggan 2.07.14 Female: Stef Puszka 2.23.50
Tim Green 1st M25-29 2.12.27
Ron Griep 2nd M45-49 2.21.07
Stef Puszka 1st F25-29 2.23.50
Kylie Gaffel 1st F30-34 2.28.40
Hollie Goodall 1st F35-39 2.41.33
Hannah Soulsby 2nd F30-34 2.48.24
Nathan Dwyer 6th M35-39 2.50.31
Daryl Stanley 1st M60+ 2.53.23
Joy Glass 5th F35-39 2.57.32
Corinne Fabian 2nd F55-59 3.02.35
Tori Sherrock 6th F40-44 3.17.47
Bali Sprint, 500m swim, 20km bike, 5km run
David Glass 5th M30-39 1.13.50
Billy Lynch 7th M30-39 1.17.56
Malinda Leach 6th F30-39 1.30.21
Leanne Abel 4th F40-49 1.31.06
Craig Leach 10th M40-49 1.31.19
Cath Meng 3rd F50+ 1.36.11
Kathryn Zerafa 16th F40-49 1.44.28
2. 5150 Subic Bay, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: David Dellow 2.03.03 Female: Belinda Granger 2.22.35
Ali Fitch 2nd Pro F 2.27.47
Stu Fitch 1st M55-59 2.42.04
3. ITU World Triathlon Series, Kitzbuhel, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: Alistair Brownlee (GBR) 1.50.13 Female: Nicola Spirig (SUI) 2.05.37
4. Ironman France, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Frederik Van Lierde 8.21.51 Female: Tine Deckers 9.16.05
5. Ironman Coeur d’Alene, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Viktor Zyemtsev 8.32.29 Female: Meredith Kessler 9.21.44
6. Ironman 70.3 Japan, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Chris McCormack 4.03.40 Female: Keiko Tanaka 4.37.33
7. Ironman 70.3 Mont Tremblant, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Romain Gillaume 3.58.08 Female: Magali Tisseyre 4.23.30
8. Ironman 70.3 Buffalo Springs, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Michael Lovato 4.01.15 Female: Amanda Stevens 4.26.08
9. Ironman 70.3 Syracruse, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Joe Gambles 3.53.51 Female: Angela Naeth 4.16.27
Sunday 8 July 2012
Duathlon Race 2
5km run, 20km bike, 2.5km run
(short option 3km run, 12km bike, 2km run
Race Director: Matt Brearley
Registration: Korgan Hucent / Kate Richardson
Timekeeping: Kate Richardson / John Arrigo
Fruit/Ice: Belinda Rowley
FINLAY’S NT LONG COURSE TRIATHLON:
1. Lake Bennett on Sunday 26 August 2012 commencing at 7am.
2. Entry for Finlay’s NT Long Course Triathlon is now open online here.
3. The 2km swim, 60km bike, 16km run is a must do on our calender.
4. Those not up for the full distance are encouraged to participate in teams of two or three.
5. Get your entry in now if you want to be eligible for an event T shirt.
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. NEEDED: two road bikes and helmets for visiting cyclists on Saturday 30 June. Both males of average height. Contact Kylie S here if you can help.
2. FOR SALE: Erox Cell Air wetsuit (medium) has a few nicks and small holes (which are repairable)- not great but good condition. Perfect for Katherine Ultra-Challenge or other open water swimming. Normally $600 Sell $100 Contact Simon 0414657256
3. FOR SALE: Road bike, Velocita: Road Performance Series, 60 cm frame, Ultegra group set, would suit the taller people. Bike in great condition, recently serviced and running smoothly. Selling because I now have too many bikes. Contact Dan 0404 667 945
4. FOR SALE: P3 Ultegra 2011 size 54, $3,200 ono Contact Simon 0414 657 256
5. FOR SALE: Pro synop carbon clip on profile bars. Fit standard and oversize bars. Used once so as new. $100. Contact Mike 0407 303 427
6. WANTED TO BUY: Largish wet suit, for guy around 6 ft weighing 85 kg. It doesn't have to be full sleeve, at the moment anything would be a bonus. Contact Dylan 0434 412 191
5. Items for next E News by Sunday 8pm please.
1. Entries can be made online here for the Darwin Surf Club Fannie Bay swim classic (Sunday 1 July 2012).
2. Darwin Cycling Club Bark Hut Classic info and registration here.
3. Good to see Bin Birk out and about sporting the latest fashion in slings.
4. Watch for the tell-tale red eyes over the next few weeks, it’s a giveaway that the person is probably a Tour de France fan ! We don't get much sleep in July.
5. There is an expectation that our members volunteer at an event at least once a season. Once all responses are in by the end of this week, we will allocate names to those spots unfilled, so suggest you pick a date/event that suits.
6. Thanks again to all those who have already volunteered. We appreciate your willingness to support our club.
7. We have a few interstate entries already in for Finlay's NT Long Course Triathlon as well as local entries. Don't forget you need to be in the first 50 registered to get an event t-shirt.
8. Coconut oil is the “latest” supplement.
9. Great to see our athletes do so well in Bali & Philippines over the weekend. Competing in Asia has enough of the fear factor (heat, traffic, oblivious pedestrians, dogs, chooks, monkeys etc.) to add to the brilliant scenery, exotic sights and smells to make for a fantastic triathlon experience.
Darwin Triathlon Club