The good news - following our meeting last evening, we now have a full committee with Tony Cox stepping up to the President’s roll and Alex Murdock (equipment manager) & Justin Tranter’s (general committee) nominations endorsed.
Sub-committees have been formed, one to investigate the feasibility of the appointment of a paid Race Director for our club events and the other to streamline our registration/event check-in process.
The possibility of the future combining of junior and senior events will also be considered.
Look for our junior program details next month and in the meantime Triathlon NT’s junior sessions are available to members.
We welcome member feedback on the above or any other topic.
Ironman 70.3 Sunshine Coast, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Courtney Atkinson 3:45:36 Female: Caroline Steffen 4:12:06
Tim Green 12th Male Pro 4:06:38
Adam Hartley 13th M30-34 4:25:42
Hannah Johnston 4th F25-29 4:45:41
Mark Anzin 55th M40-44 4:59:17
Pieter Jordaan 105th M35-39 5:10:27
Craig Garland 53rd M45-49 5:11:33
Cath Hood 28th F30-34 5:19:30
Phil Blumberg 6th M60-64 5:38:24
Rosie Sullivan 18th F40-44 5:40:20
Peta Jeggo 22nd F40-44 5:47:35
Louise Ogden 20th F45-49 6:06:25
Sunday 12 October 2014
300m swim, 13km bike, 3km run
Online entry now open here.
Race Director: Jason Cook | Emma Cook
Registration: Matt King | Clare Labowitch
Fruit | Ice: John Thyne
1. The crew from Blue Cycles will be at our event, providing much appreciated support.
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC:
1. Items for next E News by Monday 8pm please.
1. Many of our members will be participating in the Mitchell Street Mile on Sunday.
2. Swim squad takes place as usual at Nightcliff Pool tomorrow (Thurs) from 6am-7am before the closure for new pump installation from Monday. From next week lanes are booked at Casuarina Pool Tues & Thurs 6-7am.
For further information please contact Daryl at firstname.lastname@example.org Closure expected to take approx. 4 weeks.
3. Our iron people will be heading off to Langkawi from early next week for Ironman Malaysia. It will be first time over the distance for Billy Lynch, Corinne Fabian, Cath Hood, and Russell Peacock who will be joined by John Arrigo, Jac Crofton, Steve Goat and Rob Brooks on the start line. An interesting snippet from their athlete instructions - “no eating in the Monkey Zone”. We hope they all enjoy whatever the day brings!
4. Emma Cook is recuperating after knee surgery. Speedy recovery wishes her way!
5. My video on recent Darwin Long Course.
6. Reminder: I still have a number of uncollected club tri gear items from our August order.
7. Ride2Work Day – Wednesday 15 October 2014
8. Info on how to report a bike path problem electronically.
Darwin Triathlon Club