Thursday, 25 March 2010
Photo: Women's age group swim start Ironman Singapore 70.3
Just back from Singapore so here's a quick E News update (back to normal next week).
Sounds like the NT Junior Triathlon C'ships and the other junior events all went off well last weekend. Congrats to Imogen Teale who defended her title and to Mitch Scott who travelled from Alice Springs to compete and took home the champions trophy. Our sincere thanks to the hardworking Junior Committee members and the many volunteers who have assisted during the junior season.
1. Ironman Singapore 70.3, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male Craig Alexander 3.53.31 Female: Caroline Steffen 4.18.14
Michelle Gailey 1st F25-29 5.10.37
Emma Winterflood 3rd F35-39 5.11.00
Philip Brownscombe 21st M40-44 5.14.53
Simon Cruickshank 13th M45-49 5.28.13
Sue Parora 3rd F40-44 5.36.00
James Geddes 65th M40-44 5.41.12
Daryl Stanley 1st M60-64 5.41.14
Bob Martin 2nd M60-64 5.47.27
Nicola Hoey 15th F35-39 5.50.42
Vincent Gilly 85th M40-44 5.53.54
Jane Marie Kerslake 18th F35-39 5.56.32
Phil Blumberg 7th 6.05.38
2. Newcastle Triathlon, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: Paul Ambrose 1.56.37 Female: Tara Prowes 2.07.32
Heath Porter 5th M25-29 2.09.38
Jason Jones 7th M40-44 2.19.21
Justin Tranter M25-29 2.32.10
3. NT Junior Triathlon Championships, 300m swim, 10km bike, 2km run
Male: Mitch Scott Female: Imogen Teale
4. Gatorade Series, St Kilda, Race 6
Male: Peter Kerr 57.11 Female: Erin Densham 1.05.03
Amanda Donohoe 3rd F45-49 1.24.46
Alistair Donohoe 5th M 1stTimers 1.14.31
Sunday 28 March 2010
Race 2 Sprint Series
750m swim, 26km bike, 5km run
(Short option: 300m swim, 13km bike, 3km run)
Race Director: Brian Gallagher
Registration: Blue Watt / Scott Bevis
Timekeepers: Louise Ogden / Ian Pollock
Fruit / Ice: Pete Brady
1. Registration closes 6.45am (Not registered on time = no race)
2. We do not have road closure for this event. All competitors must stop for red lights.
3. Torsos must be covered on bike and run
4. No drafting allowed. (Triathlon Australia Race Competition Rules can be viewed at www.triathlon.org.au )
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. Items for next E News by 8pm Sunday please
1. Erica Reeve's first run in the Solomons was quite eventful She was chased by dog and the run involved 2 river crossings where collapsed bridges were replaced by 30m large width coconut tree trunks. Scary!!
2. Following IM 70.3 China and IM Singapore 70.3 Lee Wilson, Daryl Stanley, Phill Hatty, James Geddes, David Croser, Nikki Roddie, Phil Brownscombe, Simon Cruickshank, Michelle Gailey, Sue Parora, Bob Martin, Vincent Gilly, Emma Winterflood, Nicola Hoey and Jane Marie Kerslake have qualified for Ironman 70.3 Asia-Pacific Championship later this year.
3. Media Hound: Territory triathletes in top form http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2010/03/23/133791_ntsport.html
4. A note from Karen who was injured at our Palmerston event: "Thanks for my awesome first Tri experience! Despite not finishing thanks to a slip on the run (I have torn my Anterior Talofibular Ligament… ouch!) I had a great time and am more determined to finish than ever. I will be back as soon as I get the all clear from the physio. My thanks to my rescuer and all those who assisted me. (Special mention to Amanda for getting my gear into my car and putting my bike on the rack!). I also wish to extend my thanks to everyone who stopped to check that I was ok and that someone was coming. It’s that kind of spirit that encourages people to return!"
5. Mooloolaba happens this weekend. Good luck to Chad Anderson, Kyle Gear, Angelika Hannon and Brian Hannon who will all be in action. Monica Stewart will also be there participating in a team.
6. The 2010 ITU World Cup series also kicks off this weekend when more than 80 elite athletes from around the globe will descend on Mooloolaba, officially signalling the start of the 2010 season. Defending Mooloolaba champions are Canadian Kirsten Sweetland and Australia’s Courtney Atkinson.
7. Want to help out on race day? Please feel free to add the ice to the drinks esky. It's also great to have some assistance with cutting up fruit etc for post race refreshments. Racks need to be set up prior to events and dismantled and stored back in the trailer afterwards. And we can always do with some helping hands to make sure all the trays, plates, knives etc are washed and ready for storing after each event. Rubbish also needs to be picked up and taken to bins. I know you thought the fairies did all that, but seriously they don't. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
8. Sponsor Ray White Darwin advise that members will be receiving a race pack of goodies when they register for the Ray White Darwin NT Sprint Distance Triathlon Championships (11 April 2010).
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN ...
... not just any socks will do
See you at Lake Alexander on Sunday,
Darwin Triathlon Club