We were lucky with near perfect conditions for our Aquathlon at the
Waterfront on Saturday evening. A great field at a top venue with
lots of age group competition, lots of spectators and lots of
encouragement. And lots of positive feedback!
A huge thank you to Alan
Barrett our Race Director. In case you hadn't
noticed, Alan has been RD at no less than four of our events this season.
& Kerri Thomas
sorted check in for us again and JamieBaldwin handled
our fruit | ice to perfection, thank you. And thanks to those who
jumped in to lend a hand on the day, appreciated!
As we slip into December, Christmas crazy is well and truly upon us and we
are all scrambling to fit everything in.
Do hope you all have our final event of the year, the ConocoPhillips Xmas Splash n Dash,
on your calendars and have your Santa hats, jiggle bells & tinsel
For this event, we need
your help to get organised. Our volunteers need extra
time to organise the goodies we have planned and we are asking our members
(both adults and juniors) to please register here
for the event asap.
1. Aquathlon #2, Waterfront, 200m swim, 2km run X 3
Male: Luke Fronsko
36:22 Female: Rachel
1. Former member Katie Kelly has been nominated for Female Athlete of the
Year in the Australian Paralympic Awards. Congrats Katie.
2. Hearing there is a need to take care on the Tiger Brennan bike path as
rocks have washed on to it in some parts.
3. Notice to members:
The Darwin Waterfront Corporation advise that both the inner and outer
areas of the Recreation Lagoon will be closed from 6 to 9 December 2016 while cleaning works to the sea
water intake pipes are underway. Swimming in the Recreation Lagoon will not
be permitted during this time.
Sea water is constantly pumped into the Recreation Lagoon through three
different intake pipes to manage water quality and maintain a constant
The Corporation is undertaking cleaning of the pipes which are subjected to
marine growth given the nature of the natural marine environment.
Cleaning will be undertaken through high pressure water-jetting of the
pipes and removal of any marine growth within the pipes.
The maintenance works are required periodically to ensure longevity of the
Recreation Lagoon and maintain to a high standard of water quality for
Big Buoy Water Park will not operate during the closure.
The Recreation Lagoon will reopen on Saturday 10 December 2016.
4. Good luck to those competing at Ironman WA this weekend inc Brad Fitzwater, Sarah McEachern & KerriThomas.
luck Clare Labowitch, lining
up for Ironman 70.3 WA on Sunday.
8. Also email if you would like to pre order a cotton tee for
collection at our next event. Include your size (based on half size -
measuring a tee that fits across just under the armpit) and we will let you
know colour options still available. They make great stocking
fillers! $15 each or 3 for $40. (Kids sizes $10)
of the Week:
Aquathlon #2 at Waterfront lagoon - perfect Saturday
5. We have limited number of junior tri shorts & tri tops as well
as junior cotton tees for sale.
6. If you would like to order (note School Sports Vouchers are
accepted) please do so here&
we will get back to you with tee colour choices, payment & collection
Club Tee Shirts
1. Our tees are proving very popular and colour / size choices are
moving fast. Adult sizes are $15 each (or 3 for $40) and kids tees
2. If you would like to order
and collect at our event this Saturday, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with your size/s and we will let you know the colours still available.
3. Sizes are based on half chest measurement (actual shirt not body
1. Great to see former member Rowan Beggs-French get among the
medals at the recent ITU Cross
Triathlon World Championships at Lake
Crackenback. Rowan won M25-29 age group & was then part of the
Australian Team who took the gold medal in the mixed team
2. Hearing quite a number of our members secured spots for Noosa Tri
6. It's that time of year again and we sadly start to farewell a
number of members heading off interstate. This week - Safe travels Jessica Fell and all
the best in the west.
7. Which reminds me - if you are leaving, we appreciate return of
timing chips so they can be reused.
8. Committee news - our new trailer has been delivered & will
soon be in operation (huge thank you to TonyCox who has been the
prime mover and shaker on this project); thanks to our super treasurer Lisa Payne we are on
track & on budget at this point and a new event format is in
the pipeline to be added to our calendar (watch this space).
9. We want to let our members know that although our event on Sat afternoon
is 200m swim, 2km run X 3, you are very welcome to make that X 2 or X
1 if you prefer. (Just let us know on the day). Also, if you
only wish to swim or just do the run & don't know anyone to team
up with, enter as an individual and we can sort it out so that you are able