It was an absolutely magic dry season morning for Blue Cycles NT Long
Course Triathlon C'ships at Lake Bennett Resort at the weekend.
Lake Bennett once again proved to be a top triathlon venue.
Congrats to the organising committee headed up by Triathlon NT EO Ange
Castle, RD James Geddes, the "I'm everywhere man" Phill Hatty and
the squillion other wonderful volunteers of all ages who helped out - it
was a top notch event enjoyed by participants and supporters alike!
Lock it in for next year.
1. NT Long Course
Triathlon, 2km swim, 60km bike, 16km run
1. This is a call for volunteers to fill the vacant spots for
this event and other upcoming events listed on our Events
2. Please check the calendar and email firstname.lastname@example.org with
details of when you can help out and the positions you would like to fill.
1. Spare a
thought for Ron
Griep, his tri events in the Netherlands were cancelled due
to hot weather!
2. Speedy recovery wishes to Michael
Mondy who has spent some time in RDH & is facing
surgery following a bike crash last Thursday evening. Michael would
like to hear from anyone who witnessed his accident on McMillans Road. We
will put you in touch if you did.
3. Amazing result for Heath
Porter at the weekend. At the half way point of the swim,
he decided to stop and remove his wetsuit and then made his way back
through the field and finished in 2nd.
4. There were kangaroo sightings out on the bike course, but it was
the stray bananas that had everyone talking afterwards.
5. Our equipment guy Alex
Murdock is swapping his tri gear for some test cricket
viewing in the UK.
6. We have another farewell coming up shortly. Lee Wilson and
family are heading back to Brisbane to be closer to family after a 10 year
stint in the Territory. Lee has been a low profile in tri circles of
late, but many have benefited via his contribution to the development of
the sport through his coaching, his stint as Junior Development Officer for
Triathlon NT and as a competitor. We wish Lee, Donna & family all the
best with their move.
7. Friday track sessions originally started by Lee will continue with
John Thyne at the helm.
9. Work is being undertaken at Lake Alex in an attempt to remove the
stinky mud on the boat ramp area.
10. It's dry season and that unfortunately means bike theft is on the rise.
Make sure you secure your bikes well at night. Mountain bikes
seem to be targeted at the moment with a number of thefts reported in social
11. Reminder - jump in now and get those tickets for Saturday evening
- we would love to see you all there.