Hope you are all enjoying & continue to enjoy your long weekend in paradise. There is certainly heaps to do in and around Darwin.
We are all looking forward to our NT Olympic Distance Triathlon Championships being held this Saturday with an earlier start time of 6.30am. See below for entry details noting close of entry is this Wednesday at 5pm.
1. Ironman Australia, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Luke Bell 8.30.23 Female: Rebecca Hoschke 9.34.55
Marcus Lisle 13th M35-39 9.50.14
Ben Sanders 32nd M35-39 10.22.47
Amy Pallentine 12th F25-29 13.11.23
Belinda Townend 32nd F35-39 13.24.50
Kate Richardson 43rd F35-39 14.46.32
2. Ironman 70.3 St George, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Brent McMahon 3.51.10 Female: Meredith Kessler 4.17.11
3. Wildflower Triathlon, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Jesse Thomas 4.02.12 Female: Heather Jackson 4.33.20
4.Ironman 70.3 St Croix, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Richie Cunningham 4.10.29 Female: Catriona Morrison 4.38.56
Saturday 11 May 2013
NT Olympic Distance Championships
1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Online registration is now open here $35
Registration closes 5pm Wednesday 8 May 2013
Teams welcome and encouraged.
Race Director: Matt Brearley
Registration: Helen Stuart / Nerida Godfrey
Timekeeping: Simon Weise / Clare Labowitch
Fruit / Ice: Corinne Fabian
1. Extra volunteers are required for this event. If you can assist please email Triathlon NT EO, Anna Goat here
2. Looking for a team? Email here indicating which leg/s you want to do and I’ll endeavour to team match and put you in contact. As entry closes Wednesday, please get your requests in by midday tomorrow, Tuesday.
1. New timing system has arrived. Currently being tested.
2. Presentation Night Dinner date has been set, please keep Saturday 10 August 2013 free.
3. Work has commenced on 2013/2014 calendar.
4. Club continues to attract new members. Great to see many taking advantage of the extended period offer. Join now and membership takes you through to 30 June 2014 (new members only).
5. All current members do not need to renew until 1 July 2013.
6. Uniform orders have all been distributed.
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. FOR SALE: Zipp 'ZedTech' 404 Wheel Set. 2009 model, ceramic bearings, near new GP4000 tyres, pink Zipp stickers (fully awesome). Have probably been used about 10 times all up. Also included - brand new spare pre glued single (GP4000) and Zipp double wheel bag. Asking $1500. Contact Bec on 0408 878 689
2. FOR SALE: 2010 Cervelo P3 - (Dura Ace) with Token Carbon Tubular Race Wheels (85/50). Upgraded, Carbon '3T Ventus' basebars with integrated stem/brakes. Two new singles, regularly serviced & well maintained. 51cm frame to suit rider 162cm - 172cm. $4,000. Contact Korgan 0418 890 022.
3. FOR SALE: BIKES for sale. Orbea Zeus 54cm alloy & carbon $800; Max Lelli all carbon & Dura Ace $1100. Contact Stu 0418 437 075
4. FOR SALE: 2007 Trek 1500 WSD, XS frame, suit rider <163cm, Aluminium Frame, Carbon Forks & Seat post, Ultegra Gears, Chain set & Brakes, 105 Shifters & Pedals, Bontrager Select Wheels, Gatorskin Tyres, bike computer & cages included, In good condition, $500 Contact Asha 0437 810 717
5. WANTED: A 34 year old female triathlete from ACT looking to rent a room for the dry season from now till first week of Sept. Contact Mel 0421 721 689
6. Items for E News by Sunday 8pm please.
1. Ian Norton retained his King of the Stairs title at the NT Fire Rescue Me on Friday. Russell Peacock was a mere 3 seconds behind in 2nd and Mark Anzin came in 4th.
2. A few of our members got muddy at the Blood, Sweat & Fears event. Some are now nursing the odd bump, bruise and/or blister but most are smiling after finishing the obstacle course.
3. One of our junior members, Ella Hardiman has spent some time in ICU following a recent accident. We wish Ella a speedy and full recovery.
4. A number of our members are heading West this week to take part in Ironman 70.3 Busselton and we wish them good luck. They include Phil Blumberg, Ian Norton, Dale Berk, Mark Anzin, Russell Peacock, Ben Schmidt, Olivia Schmidt and Holly Whitney-Wylde.
5. We hear Korgan Hucent (sponsor of Race 3 of our Sprint Series) has taken delivery of a new bike which is sporting the Ray White Darwin colours.
6. With the increase in traffic around town please take extra care out there on the roads while training.
7. We had people at Lake Argyle Swim this weekend but as yet no results to hand.
Darwin Triathlon Club