We had a great turnout and a fabulous morning at our event on Sunday which everyone appeared to enjoy immensely. With number cheer inducing sprint finishes adding to the atmosphere, the finish line also saw back slapping & handshaking as well much gasping for breath!
We again welcomed a number of new members and also saw some familiar faces return (welcome back).
A big thank you goes to our dynamic RD duo of Tony Cox & Moira Wigley who did the lions share as well as to those who turned out to assist with this event, on roster or on spec!
It was an awesome crew of volunteers and we sincerely appreciate the effort, given this was an extra event on the calendar.
The gang from Blue Cycles NT were on hand to assist our members with any race morning mechanical issues and we thank them again for supporting our event!
1. Triathlon, Lake Alexander, 300m swim, 13km bike, 3km run
Male: Brett Verity 35:27 Female: Jac Crofton 38:31
Results available here
Saturday 8 November 2014
Splash N Dash
200m swim, 2km run, 200m swim, 2km run
Entry now open here
Race Director: Brian Gallagher
Registration: Asha Mahasuria | John Thyne
Fruit | Ice: Pam Cameron
1. The information now required to enter our club events online:
- Your club membership number – it is included on your TA membership card & starts with DAR
- Your timing chip number
- Hint, write your chip number on your card and all your info is in the one place.
- Emergency name and contact number
2. To enter other events eg Challenge, Ironman, NT C’ships:
- You will require your Triathlon Australia member number – it is included on your membership card & starts with TA
3. Both numbers are allocated at the time of joining.
4. Not sure if you have entered the event? We now have a search option on the event info page so that you can check.
1. With lots happening behind the scenes the committee is appreciative of the positive feedback being received from members.
2. As well as the extra added event last week, we are now scheduling another 300/13/3 for 23 November 2014.
3. Again, this event can only go ahead subject to the volunteer roster being filled so do check it here and email email@example.com if you can help out.
4. In other event news, you will also notice the addition of an extra off road triathlon in February.
5. President Tony Cox is meeting with DCC this week with a view to streamlining the granting of our permits.
6. David Hancock is heading up a sponsorship review on behalf of the committee.
7. Results guru Gary Wall has been busy updating all our results software, ironing out a number of glitches as well as completing a chip audit.
8. Junior co-ordinator Steve Goat is working on the club’s junior calendar.
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC
1. FOR SALE: Orbea Onix road bike (carbon frame fork and handlebars, white), medium frame, Shimano 105 DT Swiss wheel set. Ideal first bike, or for a teenager, suit person 5’ 5’’ or thereabouts. Immaculate condition. Only reason for selling is my son has outgrown it and needs a new bike. $600 ono. Contact Chris 0412 000 817
2. WANTED: Two hybrid/mountain bikes that could also be used for tri, rather than simply a road bike. Thinking Around $500-700. Contact Marnie 0403 977 403
3. WANTED: Do you have a Kiddi Carrier bike trailer you're no longer using? On the search for one and would like to buy second-hand. Contact Bec 0408 878 689
4. Items for next E News by Monday 8pm please.
1. How inspirational to follow John Maclean’s finish at the Nepean Triathlon.
2. Sorry to hear that following medical advice, Clare Labowitch won’t be on the start line at the New York Marathon.
3. It’s that time of year again. The Noosa Triathlon takes place this weekend & the start list includes Cameron West, Rob Taylor, Corinne Fabian and Angela Librio. Good luck!
4. As the Christmas decorations have been popping up since September, now is probably an ideal point to suggest if you are thinking of a go faster gift, it is time to pop into your bike shop. Two wheeled presents are better ordered early!
5. A number of destination events have sprung up recently including Philippines, Japan, and Vietnam.
7. Don’t forget to check our calendar for new events and vacancies on the roster that need to be filled.
Darwin Triathlon Club