Our juniors were in action at Lake Alexander yesterday morning and as always it was a pleasure to watch them having swim, bike, run fun.
A big thank you to our junior coordinator Luke Hansen and other key volunteers including Belinda Rowley, John Thyne and Steve Goat. The kids loved it and it’s great to watch their skills develop.
Speaking of skills, you will need some on Sunday when we bring you our mentally & physically stimulating Enduro format.
With all those transitions to get through, it takes a little added thought to make sure you aren’t heading for the water in your sunglasses! Tip: Visualise your setup and transitions before race day.
1. Nepean Triathlon, 1km swim, 30km bike, 10km run
Male: Aaron Royle 1.26.35 Female: Emma Moffatt 1.34.39
Nathan Dywer 78th M35-39 2.11.48
Sunday 3 November 2013
250m swim, 5km bike, 1km run x 3
Race Director: Rob Brooks
Registration: Stephen Blake / Lorna Blake
Timekeeping: Pam Cameron / Simon Wiese
Fruit / Ice: John Thyne
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC
1. WANTED: Swimmer for team for the Enduro. Contact Anna 0424 343 528
2. WANTED: We are after a 2nd hand bike for a 7 year old girl around 20 inch suitable for the sub juniors triathlons and general riding as it will be used to ride to school too. Contact Denise 0438 520 898
3. STOLEN-BORROWED: Evolution Edge Multi-sport Kayak Very hard to conceal - 6.8 m in length. Fire Engine Red in colour. Was in a green and white striped canvas cover. If you see it somewhere please contact Tim 0437 602 346.
4. Items for next E News by 8pm Sunday please.
1. Congratulations Marcus Lisle, current world no 2 & Australian no 1 M35-39, in Ironman Overall Age Group Rankings.
2. Congratulations Stef Puszka, current Australian no 1 F25-29, in Ironman Overall Age Group Rankings.
3. Our uniform order has been placed. We will email when it is back, packed & ready for collection.
4. Just you just hate it when someone steals your water bottle when you are out running.
5. We have added some extra sessions to those offered by our coaches. Please check the Training page of our website.
6. We have Shellie Ratahi, Oliver Cook, Trent Jensen, Angelika Hannon and Brian Hannon among those on the start list for Noosa Triathlon this weekend. We wish them good tri luck.
7. Check our Facebook page for photos from yesterday’s junior triathlon.
8. Emma Moffat donated her bonus prize money ($2000) from Nepean Triathlon to the Bushfire Appeal.
Darwin Triathlon Club