From the chit chat, seems we are all greatly looking forward to our Open Water Triathlon this weekend.
There is a little housekeeping to be done prior to the event. Our AGM will take place then so it is essential that all participants are registered prior to 6.30am. Thank you for your cooperation.
The Agenda, Minutes of our previous AGM together with the financials are available. Please email if you would like copies forwarded to you. Audited financial statements will be presented to the meeting.
Race brief will be given after the AGM and we will then start the event at 7am. See you all there.
Open Water Triathlon
Sunday 9 September 2012
Casuarina Surf Club
500m swim, 15km bike, 4km run
Race Director: Bec Ellison / Tim Ellison
Registration: Robyn Stanley / Cath Meng
Timekeepers: Heath Porter / Barry Sullivan
Fruit / Ice: John Thyne
Event Status: CLUB (must be a member to participate, please bring your TA card or copy of your membership receipt to registration).
1. Wetsuit, speed suits, stinger suits are optional at this event only.
2. Please register by 6.30am as we have our AGM prior to this event.
3. Roads are open for this event & all road rules are to be adhered to, ride in single file, keep to left unless overtaking. Care to be taken at all times particularly passing hospital entrance and on roundabout.
4. This is a non-drafting event. Remember DRAFTING IS CHEATING.
TRIATHLON NT NEWS:
1. Level 0 Coaching Course:
Triathlon NT will be conducting a Level 0 Coaching Course on Saturday 22 September 2012. If you would like to get involved in coaching our juniors this year we would love to see you there.
The level 0 coaching course is aimed at parents, teachers and club members who wish to work with children or novice level triathletes. The focus of coaching at this level is on enjoyment, skills, safety and engaging appropriately with children and novice triathletes: fun, family and fitness.
When: Saturday 22 September
Where: Casuarina Pool
Time: 9:00am – 3:00pm
Please register online here
2. Triathlon NT is seeking expressions of interest from volunteers willing to be part of local organising committee (LOC) for triathlon (tbc, perhaps aquathlon) at the 3rd Asia Pacific Outgames to be conducted in Darwin 10-16 May 2014.
The Asia Pacific Outgames is a regular regional event that consists of three components: Sports, Human Rights and Culture. It is an experience for the Asia Pacific’s rainbow communities and their friends.
Please email here if this is something you would like to volunteer to oversee.
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. FOR SALE: Triathlon bike - 2009 Cervelo P3C, size 54 (medium), silver, black and white, Dura-Ace derailleurs, Profile Design T2+Cobra aero bars (almost new!), FSA SL-K Light carbon crank, 3T Funda carbon fork, Look Keo pedals, Simano R500 wheels with Ultegra cassette, all recently serviced (new cables), great condition Reduced to $2700 oNo. Contact Carolyn 0417 965 922
2. FOR SALE: Triton Swim Trainer, practically new, awesome dry land trainer, fully customizable. Reduced to $1300 ono. Contact Carolyn 0417 965 922
3. Items for next E News by Sunday 8pm please.
1. There has been much checking of past results by the women who did Fernwood All Girls Tri. Congratulations to all those who have recorded pb’s.
2. You may have seen a new triathlon announced for May 2013 in Phuket. Rumour mill hot with a tri for Fiji around the same time as well. Bintan Triathlon also in May, ditto our Arafura Games.
Darwin Triathlon Club