It was an amazing morning for a duathlon last Sunday with everyone appreciating the fantastic dry season conditions.
Competition was strong across the age groups and overall. Lots of good form on show ahead of our bigger events coming up.
A big thank you to Race Director Ronnie Griep who was out bright early preparing the course for us and overseeing the event. Thanks a bunch to all our other wonderful volunteers for your contribution – we salute you!
This Sunday we head to Lake Alexander for Triathlon NT’s 2015 NT Olympic Distance Triathlon. Always an exciting event it’s one not to be missed.
Entry closes midnight Friday but don’t leave until the last minute as Friday is a busy credit card usage day and lines can go down (just ask our members who had to try multiple times to enter the duathlon when that happened).
The Olympic distance also builds in nicely to the NT Long Course Triathlon at Lake Bennett (5 July) as well as all those other dry season sporting events our members love to do!
1. Duathlon, 6km run, 20km bike, 3km run
Male: Brett Verity 1:06:44 Female: Jac Crofton 1:12:45
Results including short option posted.
2. Tri Port Stephens, NSW, 4km beach run, 40km bike, 10km run
Renee de Jong 20th F30-34 2:58:05
This Sunday 31 May 2015
NT Olympic Distance Triathlon C’ship
1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Info and online entry here
Race Director: John Thyne
1. Not up for the distance? We suggest you grab a fit friend and form a team. Non club members are able to participate in this event so it’s an ideal opportunity to have fun with your mates.
2. Cycle Zone are supporting Triathlon NT & competitors at this event. They will be on hand for mechanical assistance & are also contributing lucky draw prizes.
1. Congratulations to past club president Paul Bell and wife Helen on the birth of their first child, a son, Harry born 21 May.
2. Both Monica Stewart and Emily Heames are nursing ankle injuries. Speedy recovery wishes your way!
3. Ditto to Jim Eadie after a recent bike crash left him nursing broken ribs.
4. It’s getting close to his ride date of 20 June 2015, and you may like to help junior member Dominic Sloane reach his Dominic's Kool kids ride fundraising goal by donating here. You can also join him if you wish.
5. Simon Watts heading up the Darwin to Katherine Challenge (27-29 June) raising funds for Total Recreation. There are still a couple of spots left for the ride.
6. Ironman 70.3 World Championships will be in the US in 2017 (with three cities bidding) but the interesting announcement is that it will be a two day event. Female pros and agers will go one day and male pros and agers the next.
7. We know some occasionally have to rack, race and rock off quickly, but many hands and all that, we encourage you all to continue to just jump in or ask what needs to be done at our events. Especially afterwards, we all like to get home (or to the coffee shop) as quick as possible.
8. Good luck to all our members at NT Olympic Distance this weekend.
Darwin Triathlon Club