With the dry season starting to kick in and another long weekend just past, we have all gone into crazy busy mode, with so much to do and see. Some of us have even had our first dry season visitors descend!
In triathlon land it is much the same. Busy, busy!
We have our Kerran Mudgway Memorial Club Championships coming up this weekend (with many of the mums among us getting leave passes to come out and play because it’s Mother’s Day). With two distances on offer there is something to suit all members. As always you are very welcome to form a team if you would prefer.
Note: Team entries are completed by the nominated team “captain” so have details of DAR Numbers and which timing chip you will use before you set up your team.
We will again have Blue Cycles NT crew on hand to assist at this event (thank you) but we also encourage you to check your own equipment beforehand and take your bike in before race day should you need repairs.
1. Ironman 70.3 Busselton, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Sam Appleton 3:44:28 Female: Felicity Sheedy-Ryan 4:16:18
Jamie Baldwin 34th M35-39 4:42:34
Pieter Jordaan 65th M40-44 5:02:22
Dee Walsh 71st F40-44 6:34:15
2. Ironman Australia, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Paul Ambrose 8:35:53 Female: Michelle Bremer 9:38:24
Michelle Gailey 3rd FPro 9:50:51
Glen Scholz dnf
Sunday 10 May 2015
Kerran Mudgway Memorial Club Championships
6.50am (check in closes 6:35am)
C’ship: 1km swim, 26km bike, 8km run
Short option: 500m swim, 13km bike, 4km run
Entry open here
Race Director: Robbie Weatherald
Registration: Clare Labowitch | Melissa Lind
Fruit | Ice: Brendan Sullivan
1. Cycle Zone have been assisting committee in our search for new bike racks. Thank you!
2. New kid on the triathlon block, Challenge Puerto Varas, Chile 13 Feb 2016
3. Anyone catch Ryoko Jones among those kicking up a storm at Nightcliff Seaview Festival?
4. Can’t keep a good pair down! Moira Wigley & Ron Griep were 3rd in the Duo 20k at Argyle Swim this year. Results.
5. UltraMan Australia happens this weekend. There’s a club interest with Robbie Andrews (former committee member) training the house down for the 10km swim, 420.2km ride, 84.3km run event. Go Robbie!
6. We have Angela Librio, Phil Blumberg, Cath Hood, Daryl Stanley, Stef Puszka, Rob Brooks, Billy Lynch and Ange Castle in action at Ironman 70.3 Vietnam this weekend. Good luck!
7. Mark the date 31 May 2015 for Triathlon NT’s NT Olympic Distance Triathlon.
8. Club tees in assorted colours have been ordered. Watch this space.
9. Reminder if you shop at AMart Allsports ~ nominate Darwin Triathlon Club at check out. Sign up in store if you haven’t yet, and we then benefit from their Community Kickback Program.
10. Lots of new activity happening on our DARWIN TRI – BUY | SWAP | SELL Facebook page. Request to join if you haven’t already done so.
11. It is getting busy out there on the roads, stay safe and be reflective if riding at night or in poor light.
Darwin Triathlon Club