Some impressive racing and training by our members took place over the Easter Break, here at home as well as away. Not much chance of chocolate hitting their hips.
There is no doubt the Ray White Bayside NT Sprint Distance Triathlon motivates our local athletes and is a top calendar highlight. Whether you are dead set focussed on a personal best or just participating for fun, it is the ideal distance. And it’s not too late to enter - see details below.
Saturday’s event also finalises our club Sprint and Women’s series.
Good luck to all those participating on Saturday and thanks to our members who have already volunteered to help out.
1. Ironman 70.3 Putrajaya, Malaysia 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Ange Castle 4th FPro 4:39:29
Tim Green 8th MPro 5:01:46
Jim Eadie 4th M50-54 5:21:45
Reminder – entry closes midnight tomorrow – Thursday 9 April 2015 – for this Saturday’s events:
1. Triathlon NT’s Ray White Bayside NT Sprint Distance C’ships
(Race #3 Sprint & Women’s Series)
750m swim, 20km bike, 5km run
Post race refreshments provided by Loan Market Bayside
2. Triathlon NT’s Kids Tri (Ages 5-15)
3. Triathlon NT’s NT Junior Triathlon C’ships (Draft legal – ages 12-19)
100m swim, 2km bike, 200m run x 3
1. Triathlon NT is seeking a few more volunteers for Saturday’s Ray White Bayside NT Sprint Distance Triathlon Championships.
2. Roles include registration, course marshal and aid station assistance. Please email Ange Castle email@example.com if you can help out.
3. Assistance is also requested for set-up and pack away. The more hands, the merrier.
4. Free barbeque and refreshment provided to volunteers.
1. Moira Wigley has headed to Hobart for Masters Swimming National Championships.
2. Also among those heading south this weekend are Tori Sherrock, Kia King and Kathryn Fuller, taking on the Buffalo Stampede in Victoria.
3. DARWIN TRI – BUY | SWAP | SELL Facebook page currently has a whole lot of interesting new postings of items wanted to buy, swap, for sale or simply giveaway to a good home. Send a request through Facebook to join the page and you will then be able to view or post items.
4. Four day long weekend, so what do you do? If you are Matt King, Adam Hartley or Kate Robertson you ride Mandorah x 4.
5. Up for 100 x 100m swim? You can at Darwin Swimming Club’s 100th Anniversary Anzac Day Challenge:
Darwin Triathlon Club