We had a good turn out for our Kerran Mudgway Memorial Club C'ships at the
weekend with numbers up on last year.
As usual, it proved to be a very interesting and challenging event. It
always surprises how different an afternoon start is and there's nothing
like running into the evening sunset. Next year we may have to start a
little earlier (or issue glow sticks).
A huge thank you to RD Lisa
Payne and her boys, who were as busy as all afternoon and
well after dark. Lisa has done more than her share of RDing this season and
I hope you all thanked her before heading home.
& Matt Kelly
and their boys also deserve a big mention. They towed the trailer
down and back, shopped for fruit & ice and assisted with a zillion
other jobs needed on the day.
and Tina Sanderson
again volunteered for check in duties, thank you both.
managed the water station (and a lot of helpful little hands), the water
and ice cold sponges much appreciated by competitors!
A big vote of appreciation to Tom, Josh and Joel who came down to support
at the event and ended up as transition guards and eyes and ears on bike
Thanks also to the Surf Life volunteers and St John Ambulance who were on
hand to ensure the safety of our participants.
1. Kerran Mudgway Memorial Club C'ships, 1km swim, 30km bike, 8km run
Black | Emily
Dames | Sarah
Ryan | Belinda
Trenfield | Jac
Clark | Tara
Thyne | Gayle
Gallagher | Vicki
2. Short Option, 500m swim, 15km bike, 4km run
Farrier 1:01:12 Female: Kathryn King
Race Director: Korgan
Sanderson | Jo
Fruit | Ice: Volunteer required
1. We also require added volunteers for this event inc water station,
run turnaround & mount, dismount marshalls. If you, or anyone
coming down with you, can put up your hand to assist, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. As this is an away event, we would appreciate early receipt of
entries to assist with organising.
1. Great to see old school honesty in play at the weekend in the form
of Andrew Hardy
informing us he was to be DQ'd for short cutting the course not once, but
twice, after using incorrect entry into T2 and finish lines. There was a
time when we all did things like that and it helped make our sport great.
2. On the flip side of the coin, we have noticed some repeat
offenders ignoring drafting & blocking rules which are all in place for
fairness and athlete safety. So, to make sure you are all on the same
page, please take a few minutes to view this.
3. Note draft zone is 10 metres with 20 secs to pass in events up to
and including standard distance.
4. Noticed former member Bob Martin won his age group at Ironman 70.3
Port Macquarie at the weekend.
5. Dag of the Year nomination (nameless at this stage) in from
Saturday's event. It's getting close to that time of year again, so
if you have any nominations of daggy acts committed during season 2016-2017
please email email@example.com.
All nominators will remain confidential.
6. Committee is still looking into a suitable course for a club event
(offroad duathlon likely format) in June to be added to the calendar.
7. Club T shirt winners - Vicki
Woodrow and Alex