Wednesday, 26 August 2009
Michelle Gailey hot on Lisa Bentley's heels at Ironman 70.3 Philippines
I'm sure you are all looking forward to the open water triathlon on Sunday out at the Surf Club. It's a popular event and we would like everyone registered by 7am for this one as our club AGM will take place before we start. It won't take long for the formalities to be completed and with your assistance, we can still have the race underway on time.
Due to a late glitch, we require a volunteer for timekeeping for Sunday. Any takers?
1. Ironman 70.3 Philippines, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21km run
Male: Terenzo Bozzone 3.51.26 Female: Lisa Bentley 4.24.30
Grant Preddy 2nd M18-24 4.27.08
Michelle Gailey 1st F25-29 4.53.13
Daryl Stanley 1st M60-64 5.36.51
Robyn Stanley 1st F55-59 6.03.51
2. Timberman Ironman 70.3, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21km run
Male: Andy Potts 3.51.19 Female: Chrissie Wellington 4.15.11
3. ITU World C'ship Series, Yokohama, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: 1 Jan Frodeno (GER) 01:44:31; 2 Kris Gemmell (NZL) 01:44:49; 3 Javier Gomez (ESP) 01:44:52 Female: 1 Lisa Norden (SWE) 01:55:56; 2 Andrea Hewitt (NZL) 01:56:00; 3 Juri Ide (JPN) 01:56:03
4. ITU Triathlon Pan American Premium Cup, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: Simon Whitfield 1:53:31 Female: Lauren Groves 2:04:59
NEXT EVENT & DTC AGM:
30 August 09
Open Water Triathlon
7.30 am start
Race Director: Paul Bell 0412 111 620
Registration: Rose Stephens / Mick Outhred
Timekeepers: Nerida Godfrey / Volunteer Required
Fruit/Ice: Paul Tilbrook
1. Darwin Triathlon Club annual general meeting will be held before the race on Sunday morning 30 August 09.
2. Please register early so we can get the race started at 7.30am.
3. All committee positions will be vacant and we have some current committee members who have put in several years on the committee and are now ready to step down and hand over to some one else. For the Club to continue and run effectively we need an active committee. So come along and be prepared to put your hand up for one of the vacant positions. There will be plenty of support and guidance so get involved. If you would like any information please contact President John Thyne on 0423 797 401
FOR SALE/WANTED ETC:
1. FOR SALE: T23 Felt Bike, red in colour, frame size 50, 2009 Model, ultegra running gear, with tri bars. Done approx 300 km. selling due to upgrade. $1500. Contact: Simone 0417 402 868
2. FOR SALE: 2007 Giant OCR1 Road Bike, Large (suit rider 6'-6'2") In good nick; $650 Contact: Simon 0429 140 611
3. FOR SALE: Cervelo P2C, new Mar ’08, Dura-ace FD/RD, small (650c wheels), new drive chain, FSA vision aero bars, comes with loads of spare tubes, free first service $3000 ono. Contact Michelle 8931 2000.
4. HOUSE SITTER WANTED: A member is looking for a house sitter Oct 6-Nov 20 (Rapid Creek). House is spacious, comfortable and would suit a couple or two people. Contact: Graeme 0419 47 012.
4. Items for next E News by Sunday 7pm please
1. A number of our members are over doing the Tour de Timor. Looking forward to hearing all about it on their return.
2. For those of you thinking about Ironman China or Ironman 70.3 China, there has been a race date change to 14 March 2010.
3. If you’re interested in:Experiencing Indonesia as it ‘really’ is, Cycling in lush tropical upland valleys, Sleeping in traditional Torajan villages
Learning some Indonesian language, Rafting white water rapids, Enjoying the company of people from different countries, different backgrounds
Eating local village food, Being infected by the joy and happiness of the locals who will befriend you along the way, Mountain trekking, Starting off with a good level of fitness and getting fitter as the trip progresses then Cycle Toraja could interest you.
Main features: Experienced and fluent Indonesian speaking Australian leader; 13 days; 1–13 February 2010; 525 km mountainous cycle in 6 days
White water rafting and trekking; Floating villages, silk weaving; Swimming most days; Indonesian language instruction; Organized cultural talks
Makassar – Tana Toraja – Makassar; US$ 1,699 (all in after arrival in Makassar). More info: http://www.cycleindonesia.com.au/ (Click on Toraja)
4. Chad Anderson and Monica Stewart have received their Australian Age Group Team uniforms for Worlds. How exciting ... not long now.
5. With the announcement that Jetstar will be flying from Singapore to Manila, next year's Ironman 70.3 Philippines just got a lot easier. Although thinking, about it Philippines Airlines were excellent.
Darwin Triathlon Club
Club website: www.members.iinet.net.au/~darwintriclub
Facebook Group: Darwin Triathlon Club