What an awesome morning we had for Race 2 of the Sprint Series at Lake Alexander on Sunday.
RD Tony Cox was up early (and out late) setting up and afterwards packing away. A huge thank you to Tony for his efforts. Thanks also to the many volunteers who helped out on the day, your contribution was greatly appreciated by all participants.
1. Race #2 Sprint Series, Lake Alexander, 750m swim, 26km bike, 5km run
Male: Brett Verity 1.10.38 Female: Hannah Johnston 1.17.58
Results are posted on website
2. Ironman Melbourne, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Dirk Bockel 8.01.02 Female: Caroline Steffen 8.57.57
Jason Cook 65th M35-39 9.55.02
Belinda Birk 6th F50-54 11.20.37
Emma Cook 33rd F35-39 12.07.12
Gary Wall 113th M50-54 12.53.42
3. Lake Eacham Triathlon, Qld, 750m swim, 20km bike, 6km run
Male: Tim Green 1.03.24 Female: Brooke Kennedy 1.16.20
Triathlon NT’s Ray White NT Sprint Weekend
5-6 April 2014
Click links for further details on the Kids Triathlon, NT Junior Championship and NT Sprint Championships.
1. Ray White NT Sprint Championships is also Race 3 of our Sprint Series.
2. Entry for Ray White NT Sprint closes THIS FRIDAY 28 March 2014. We encourage you to enter here now so as not to miss this important earlier deadline.
3. Your club timing chip is to be used for this event.
4. Ray White NT Sprint is the final national selection points event for TA’s Age Group Team for ITU Worlds in Edmonton, Canada.
5. If you are interested in wearing the Green and Gold, further details regarding selection can be viewed here.
6. Appeal? Expressions of Interest must be submitted to TA by 5pm 7 April (day after Ray White NT Sprint).
TRY A TRI:
Our next club event taking Try A Tri entries is fast approaching. Do encourage your family, friends and workmates to take part with you if they wish to try before joining our club. You may also like to spread the word that from 1 April, new members can join and received up to 15 months membership.
Sunday 13 April 2014
300m swim, 13km bike, 3km run
Online entry now open here.
NOTICE RE LAKE ALEXANDER:
Received from Darwin City Council: As your organisation is a regular user and stakeholder of Lake Alexander at East Point Reserve, Council wishes to advise that on April 22 works in order to re-establish our ability to pump salt water into Lake Alexander will be commencing. The works are estimated to take 10 days and are being undertaken to improve recent water quality issues. We do not envisage that this work will affect any events that you have planned. Council’s Environment Team are monitoring for Enterococci bacteria as usual, and levels to date have been acceptable.
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC:
1. FOR SALE: Women's 2XU V1 Wetsuit. Size Small/Medium. Fitted me well at 172cm/60kg. In good condition apart from an open seam (about 3 cm) on one side which just needs to be stitched and glued. $100. Contact Bec 0408 878 689
2. FOR SALE: Timex “Road Trainer” Heart Rate Monitor, new, boxed. $100 ono Contact Robyn 0448 206 121
3. FOR SALE: New, Ladies Asics GT-2000 Running shoes, Size US 8.5 $160 Contact Robyn 0448 206 121
4. Items for next E News by 8pm Sunday please.
1. It was exciting tracking our members at Ironman Melbourne over the weekend. Congratulations to the latest to hear Mike Reilly call “You are an Ironman”. They now join the growing list of Athlete Achievements of our members.
2. Former member and two time club champion Carole McGregor completed her 10th Ironman at Melbourne. Carole went 10.54.59 and was pretty stoked to post a pb.
3. Many of you will remember Steve Fitchett (2003 NT Sprint Champion). Steve donned the lycra for the first time in years and went 9.28.04 at IM Melb and booked himself a spot in Hawaii.
4. Hearing news we will be welcoming back Roland Muench and Jo Duncan shortly.
5. While some are returning, we are also farewelling Bertram and Belinda Birk. Bin and Bertie have contributed greatly to our club over many years and will be greatly missed. We wish the Birks all the best and hope they will maintain their DTC connection and that we will see them return for events in the future.
6. Life member Ernie Koch took time out from his ride on Sunday to check out the action at Race 2 Sprint.
7. Spotted a few faces out training over the weekend who haven’t raced in a while. The line-up for NT Sprint is going to be interesting.
8. Wedding bells next month for past President Paul Bell.
9. Lastly, a final reminder that entry for events comprising the Ray White Sprint Weekend close THIS Friday.
Darwin Triathlon Club