What a weekend for competitors, volunteers and supporters alike!
Darwin Triathlon Club hosted Finlay’s NT Long Course Triathlon at Lake Bennett yesterday and pleasantly cool early morning aside - conditions were, as always, tough!
Our fabulous team of volunteers worked tirelessly to support the athletes and positive feedback again indicates that we nailed it.
Headed up by EO Triathlon NT Anna Goat, RD Phil Blumberg the volunteer team together with NT Surf Lifesaving, St John’s Ambulance and sponsors Wicked Energy ensured the athletes were well catered for.
There were a number of personal best achievements including many first time finishers – congratulations to you all. You know what they say – if you can conquer Lake Bennett you can race anywhere!
1. Finlay’s NT Long Course Triathlon, Lake Bennett, 2km swim, 60km bike, 16km run
Male: Tim Green 2.48.43 Female: Stef Puszka 3.09.09
Results posted here
Open Brett Verity / Stef Puszka
18-24 Amos Gollash (WA) / Jana van Voorthuizen
25-29 Michael Varga / Hannah Johnston
30-34 Tim Green / Melanie Thomas
35-39 Marcus Lisle / Nikki Roddie
40-44 Dieter McDonald (VIC) / Peta Jeggo
45-49 Bryan Hopkins /
50-54 John Thyne / Marion Hermitage (QLD)
55-59 Phillip Hermitage (QLD) / Corinne Fabian
60-64 Stu Fitch
65-69 Daryl Stanley
2. Stockholm WTS, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: Alistair Brownlee 1.43.13 Female: Gwen Jorgensen 1.55.31
Sunday 8 September 2013
300m swim, 13km bike, 3km run
Race Director: Volunteer required
Registration: Emily Heames / Lisa Heames
Timekeeping: Tim Ellison / Rebecca Ellison
Fruit / Ice: Zoe Dowding
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. FOR SALE: 2008 Giant Trinity Pro time trial/ triathlon bike, Dura Ace group set, Vision TT bars, integrated seat, suit rider 170cm-180cm. Great looking bike $1000 contact Jason 0437 006 168
2. FOR SALE: Orca Sonar Ladies Wetsuit size Extra Small. Suit is in good condition and has been worn in maybe 4 or 5 races. Would suit a smaller lady or an older junior. $100. Contact Nic on 0438 893 115
3. Items for next E News by Sunday 8pm please
1. Congratulations to Kylie Gaffel & Glen Scholz on the birth of their daughter Heidi who arrived 12 Aug 2013 3.005kgs & 49 cm. All well.
2. RD Phil Blumberg was out putting up signs at Lake Bennett at 4am – couldn’t sleep?
3. Roger Decurtins came down to Lake B supported by his very own cheer squad. The girls looked fabulous!
4. John Arrigo found towing the trailer down to Lake B to be a time consuming effort after a couple of the buoys blew out of the trailer.
5. Rob Brooks and Russell Peacock manned the far water station yesterday. They got some unexpected help when Bertram Birk pulled the pin on his race due to injured ankle. Bertie helped hand out drinks for a while!
6. The kids (and adults) on the resort entrance aid station had it nailed. Well done kids!
7. Hear the bike turnaround volunteers were jumping with enthusiasm.
8. We sometimes forget how well we do things up here in the Territory. Pat on the back to all involved with the event!!
Darwin Triathlon Club