The Waterfront precinct again proved to be an ideal location for our first aquathlon format event for the season. With storms threatening around us but coming to nothing, we got underway with lots of supporters on hand to encourage our competitors.
Race directing was a collaborative effort. Our thanks to Bertram Birk who got the ball rolling and to David McLeod who took over race day duties. A huge thank you also to Belinda Birk who was again everywhere and ensured that our members and sponsors were well looked after at the Waterfront.
Dave & Belinda were ably assisted by roster and race day volunteers and we thank them all. Did you notice some of our aid station volunteers doing a terrific job are actually too young to join up, yet they have a very good understanding of our sport J. Next generation triathletes for sure.
1. The following Waterfront businesses supported our Splash N Dash:
IL LIDO – BREAKFAST FOR TWO VOUCHER
HOT TAMALE - $50 MEAL VOUCHER
SCALPT HAIR – $110.00 STYLE/CUT/BLOWDRY & RITUAL TREATMENT
FIDDLERS GREEN – $100 BAR TAB
THE PRECINCT - $50 FOOD AND BEVERAGE VOUCHER
SHINE GIFTS –THREE GIFTS TO BE GIVEN AWAY. Also 10% discount vouchers for DTC members
2. We encourage members to support those who support us.
1. Waterfront Splash N Dash, 200m swim, 2km run x 2
Male: Brett Verity 22.07 Female: Stef Puskza 24.14
Results on our website
2. Ironman 70.3 Shepparton, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Terenzo Bozzone 3.46.59 Female: Rebekah Keat 4.16.17
Malcolm Baguley 25th M35-39 4.47.39
3. Sri Chinmoy Classic, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: Guy Jones 2.05.13 Female: Anna Bewley 2.28.14
David Glass 10th M30-39 2.30.03
4. Ironman Arizona, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Nils Frommhold 8.03.16 Female: Lindsay Corbin 9.01.44
Friday 30 November 2012
Splash N Dash
200m swim, 2km run x 3
Race Director: Rob Brooks
Registration: Rowena Eastick / Justin Tranter
Timekeeping: Barry Smart / Justin Tranter
Fruit / Ice: Volunteer Required – if you can help email here
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. HOUSESITTER WANTED: Looking for House/dog sitter in the triathlete friendly Ludmilla area. 27 December - 20 January. Contact Raz 0407 118 448
2. FOR SALE: Cannondale R1000 road bike, 48 cm (small), aluminium, Shimano Ultegra groupset, Mavic Ksyrium wheels, aerobars, Bontrager seat and Shimano pedals for $700. Contact Jane 042 999 8722.
3. Items for next E News by 8pm tomorrow please.
1. The pace of our Splash N Dash at the Waterfront saw many gasping for air at the finish
2. Sean Killiner was a lucky winner on Friday evening. He was last seen heading for Fiddlers Green with the $100 bar tab prize.
3. Noah Marcroft could be sporting a new “do” soon. He won the Scalpt Hair prize.
4. Numbers at Friday’s Splash N Dash were identical to last year.
5. No reports of encounters with the infamous waterfront fish during the race.
6. Found a home for sunglasses that were handed in. I believe there are also a couple of pairs of shoes now in the trailer which can be retrieved at our next event.
7. It’s a good idea to check that you have all your personal belongings before you leave our events.
8. Late last week USM Events | IRONMAN Asia-Pacific announced that Ironman 70.3 Cairns will take place on 9 June 2013. A limited allocation of individual and team entries will open online for Triathlon Australia members Thursday 22 November 2012 at 11am (QLD time) until Friday 23rd November at 5pm (QLD time), or until sold out. General entries will open online at 11am (QLD time) on Tuesday 27 November 2012. More details here.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN …
... after two weeks of doing nothing you can feel your muscles losing the battle
… you suddenly realise you have a collection of unused swim caps that rivals Amart
… you enjoy a good solid brick
Darwin Triathlon Club