All reports have given the weekend’s Sprint #2 & Come & Tri events a huge thumbs up.
We have RD extraordinaire Phill Hatty to thank. Phill, along with the merry band of enthusiastic volunteers, sure knows how to get things hopping!
Thanks a bunch!
Also a big thank you to Vision Money for providing the post-race bbq and … drum roll … coffee! Much appreciated by our participants.
As well we had the Blue Cycles NT team on hand helping out again and we thank them for their continued support.
We are pleased to have given so many non-members the opportunity to Come & Tri over the past couple of events. Hopefully they enjoyed the experience and that we see them on our member list soon.
1. Sprint & Women’s Series, 750m swim, 26km bike, 5km run
Male: Brett Verity 1:08:04 Female: Ange Castle 1:13:41
2. Sprint #2 Short Option, 300m swim, 13km bike, 2.5km run
Male: Andrew Hardy 35:51 Female: Vicki Woodrow 41:37
3. Come & Tri, 300m swim, 13km bike, 2.5km run
Male: Karl Wittmann 36:58 Female: Freya Mulvey 41:42
4. Ironman Melbourne, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Jeff Symonds 8:04:28 Female: Mel Hauschildt 8:52:50
Damien Brown 135th M40-44 11:26:48
James Geddes 98th M45-49 11:37:48
Sinon Cooney 145th M30-34 11:58:53
Nathan Dwyer 238th M35-39 13:00:20
1. Triathlon NT’s Super Saturday takes place on 11 April 2015. Super Saturday includes Ray White Bayside NT Sprint Distance C’ships, NT Junior C’ships (draft legal) and Kid’s Tri.
2. Ray White Bayside NT Sprint Distance also doubles as Race #3 of our Sprint & Women’s Series. Note earlier start time of 6.45am.
3. Online entry for all events is now open.
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC:
1. FOR SALE: 2013 Specialized Tri Bike, Size S, 13 Spd Shiv Expert, Cosmic Elite Wheels, Dura-Ace running gear, Internal frame water bladder, Excellent condition, $2500 ono Contact Jana 0406 163 543
2. More items to buy, swap, sell or simply giveaway to a good home posted on DARWIN TRI – BUY | SWAP | SELL Facebook page. Simply send a request through Facebook to join the page and you will then be able to view all the available items or post yours.
3. FOR SALE: Darwin Triathlon Club tri shorts ($77) & tri tops ($66) Size M & L. Limited stock. Contact Robyn 0448 206 121
4. Items for next E News by Monday 8pm please.
1. Total Recreation’s fundraising Katherine to Darwin Cycling Challenge, 27-29 June, 2015
3. Katherine Ultra Challenge, Sunday 2 August 2015
4. Good luck to Sarah Collins who is competing at Challenge Batemans Bay this weekend.
5. Many of you will remember Ben & Olivia Schmidt. They lined up at Ironman Melbourne and went 12:40:11 & 12:40:16 respectively.
6. Farewells happening again soon. This time it’s the Cook’s hanging up their timing chips and heading for the Qld coast. Emma and Jason have been huge supporters of the club during their time in Darwin and will be greatly missed.
7. Hollie Goodall a little under the weather at the moment. Our get well wishes go out to Hollie.
Darwin Triathlon Club