Our juniors were in action again yesterday. It was a fairly hot morning and the kids all enjoyed the change to mountain bike format. Thanks again to our fantastic junior committee who assist with these events. Some of our very, very young members are looking like "veteran" triathletes the way they get set up and I'm betting we have some future stars in the making.
There is a fair bit of info in this E News. I hope you can take 5 mins to go through it so you are up to speed.
Also the next edition of E News won't hit your inbox until late next week (on account of predicted comatose condition of editor). Any important announcements during that time will be placed directly on our website under E News / Announcement tab.
1. Rottnest Swim, WA, 19.7km swim
Male: Dean Pieters 4.41.35 Female: Louise Stevenson 5.07.21
Team Joey (Brendon Collopy, Luke Collopy, Matt Collopy, Joey Rawson) 4th Male Team 5.27.38
2. Australian Sprint Championships, Sandringham, Vic, 750m swim, 20km bike, 5km run
Male: Kristian McCartney M30-34 56.44 Female: Elly Franks F25-29 1.05.32
3. ITU Junior National Sprint Distance, Sandringham, Vic, 750m swim, 20km bike, 5km run
Male: Ryan Fisher 56.45 Female: Holly Aitken 58.37
4. Australia Long Distance Triathlon Championships, Jervis Bay, 2km swim, 83km bike, 20km run
Male: Craig Alexander 3.36.04 Female: 4.01.55
Sunday 28 February 2010
7.30am (Registration closes at 7.15am).
3 x ( 200m swim, 5km bike, 1km run)
Race Director: Col Smith 0408 830 411
Registration: James Geddes / Tash Rammers
Timekeeping: Belinda Birk / Bertram Birk
Fruit / Ice: Ernie Koch
1. Torsos must be covered during bike and run legs.
2. This is a very popular format and a large field is anticipated. Your assistance by being racked and registered early would be appreciated.
3. Not registered by 7.15am = no race !
FOR SALE / WANTED:
1. FOR SALE: Darwin Tri Club race gear: 1 x L Unisex tri top $88; Contact Robyn: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Items for next E News by 8pm 2 Mar please
UNIFORM .... feedback/suggestion request:
1. We are down to just one Large unisex tri top and have been asked on a number of occasions when we will be getting more uniforms.
2. For the benefit of newer members our club uniform orders are done on an order and pay up front basis. Our Scody outfits - trisuits and separates - require a minimum of 15 before an order can be placed. Turnaround for Scody is about 6 weeks.
3. We also source Orca swim gear (ladies one piece, men's briefs and men's jammers).
4. Prices for Scody tri suits in club design are around $180; tri tops $88 and tri pants $80; Orca one piece togs $55; briefs $34; jammers $50
5. Can I have your feedback please on the quality of our current uniform items, whether you will be ordering if the same is offered again, or generally your comments on what uniform items you would like to see offered.
6. Please remember that we aren't a shop, sourcing, ordering etc is done by volunteers and we will only order to member requirements. If minimum orders aren't in by due date, we don't proceed.
7. Please email to email@example.com with the Subject: Uniform Feedback
UPDATED CALENDAR & ROSTER:
The updated Calendar/Volunteer Roster covering the remainder of our 09/10 season is attached. It replaces the roster on the pink calendar published last June.
We certainly have an exciting and full calendar of events coming up. As always, we rely on all members to occasionally volunteer their time and effort so that our events can take place.
Thank you to those who offered to fill in where required. In some instances we received a number of offers so please check if, when and where you may have been added.
Changes are showing in RED. All other position remain as originally published.
Should you find for some reason that you are unable to carry out your rostered duty, please make every effort to find a replacement for yourself and notify the volunteer Race Director of that event of the change.
PLEASE PRINT A COPY FOR FUTURE REFERENCE & MAKE A NOTE OF THE DATE YOU ARE REQUIRED.
1. Competitors in Aviva Ironman 70.3 Singapore can activate their profile and be part of a virtual crowd !
2. Don't forget to send in your nominations for our Broken Spoke (bike crash of the year) award and also our Dag of the Year award. Send them in now to firstname.lastname@example.org , you won't remember them in six months time. All nominations are confidential. So come on, email that daggy deed detail or names of those who have done some recent ground inspection today.
3. Grant Preddy, Michelle Gailey, Blue Watt and yours truly tackle Ironman Malaysia on Saturday. Long range forecast is for a hot (35C) and sunny day. Just what I didn't want to hear !
4. The following weekend Racheal De Zoete, Lucie Hardiman and Andy Jones are in the field for Ironman New Zealand. Good luck to all.
5. Athletics NT advise they are staging two track meets during March and would like to invite all endurance athletes to come and support this event. To launch the 2010 All Comers track program NTA are promoting these 2 special events to raise the profile of Athletics. It would be great to see DTC members participating in these races to show support. Darwin is a small community therefore it is important to support local events. Further info: http://www.ntathletics.org.au/
6. A total of 2300 swimmers, accompanied by 900 boats, competed in the 2010 WAtoday Rottnest Channel Swim on Saturday.
7. Media hound: Baby Preddy along with proud parents Dean & Cath made the bub pics of the Sunday Territorian; Ben Schmidt is in today's NT News. Ben is taking part in a run across America.
8. Stu Fitch and Ali Fitch have made it on to Team Timex. Stu has been freezing in New York learning how to use all their new toys.
9. Good luck to Garry Silk who will be in action at the Aust Police & Emergency Services Triathlon in Hobart tomorrow.
10. Congrats on the arrival of little Lily Sparrow.
11. Weekend form guide: Belinda Birk, Nikki Roddie, Angelika Hannon et al survived Noosa training camp; Kyle Gear put in some big ks on the bike; Damien Brown is making running look easy; Russell Peacock is making big decisions about bike upgrades; Mark Anzin's ride to work campaign is translating to great riding form and Lauren Stephenson is jogging nicely back to form.
12. Reminder: Entry to Ironman 70.3 Singapore closes 28 Feb 2010.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN ...
... you reply, "I go up an age group next season" when someone asks how old you are
... you don't hesitate to start a conversation with someone in a tri event t-shirt or cap
... you spend a small fortune on little packets of sloppy, sticky, gooey chemical muck and justify it with the tag "nutrition".
Darwin Triathlon Club